British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob

Baldwin St. James's Registration - AGAIN!

Another sale - same old problems. Anyone tried to register for this and more importantly got past 'registration pending'? Tried to be clever and register a few hours early given the anticipated difficulties, but it's in a permanent state of limbo. What's the work around to get into the auction? Thanks.

Are BSJ monitoring this forum? Neil? Just started working, with no obvious reason. I just wish they would communicate a step by step guide on how to move on from the pending message. If it only works when I get frustrated and start smashing the keyboard, it doesn't really allow the development of a workable protocol. :(

8 minutes ago, Rob said:

Another sale - same old problems. Anyone tried to register for this and more importantly got past 'registration pending'? Tried to be clever and register a few hours early given the anticipated difficulties, but it's in a permanent state of limbo. What's the work around to get into the auction? Thanks.

Well I thought I would also try and register, if not for this auction, then for another in the future. But all I've got is "registration pending" - pending what? approval? Not much use if you want to bid imminently on something.

registration pending.PNG

Although does this mean you have to re-register for each auction? Again, not crystal clear.

Please click the button below to be redirected to our live bidding platform with Auction Mobility.

Please note this will require a new registration with Auction Mobility, if you have not done so already.

Auction Mobility? Is that something separate from the main site? 

By contrast, dnw & Spink are paragons of simplicity and ease for the end user. 

You do have to register for each sale, but that is ok if it works smoothly. The difficulty with their platform is how to migrate from pending to registered in a smooth confident manner. In an attempt to make progress, you refresh, logout, login again, refresh etc ad infinitum, but at no point can you say with any confidence that your actions will enable bidding.

This forum has complained repeatedly but the site(s) is still as unfriendly as ever.

4 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Well I thought I would also try and register, if not for this auction, then for another in the future. But all I've got is "registration pending" - pending what? approval? Not much use if you want to bid imminently on something.

I received the e mail authorising me to bid at 17:20 today.

1 hour ago, 1949threepence said:

I received the e mail authorising me to bid at 17:20 today.

Ditto.

One must assume that it is done manually at some time close to the start of the auction? But that seems a bit of a strange thing when you have previously been accepted. It would be hugely beneficial to automatically accept previous bidders, so they can be confident of being able to participate without having to waste (and I mean waste) time trying to create a working page with a bidding facility. Having been unable in the past to bid on the first hundred odd lots due to 'Registration pending', I find my inherent lack of confidence in the system a real negative. I am eternally grateful that the early lots tend to be ancients which I am not interested in, but pity those collectors who presumably are also unable to bid when wishing to do so.

It isn't rocket science to a computer programmer to create an auto-accept feature, nor to have a button that changes from pending to ready without having to refresh/logout/login/close window/reopen the program (whatever it is that I still don't know has to be done?).

Yes, glad you mentioned it. I was in a pitched battle with the site for registration as well and only got on after the first 100 or so lots had gone. Fortunately I was looking for a proof half crown that came up later on (I blew my budget on that one!). 

6 hours ago, Rob said:

Ditto.

One must assume that it is done manually at some time close to the start of the auction? But that seems a bit of a strange thing when you have previously been accepted. It would be hugely beneficial to automatically accept previous bidders, so they can be confident of being able to participate without having to waste (and I mean waste) time trying to create a working page with a bidding facility. Having been unable in the past to bid on the first hundred odd lots due to 'Registration pending', I find my inherent lack of confidence in the system a real negative. I am eternally grateful that the early lots tend to be ancients which I am not interested in, but pity those collectors who presumably are also unable to bid when wishing to do so.

It isn't rocket science to a computer programmer to create an auto-accept feature, nor to have a button that changes from pending to ready without having to refresh/logout/login/close window/reopen the program (whatever it is that I still don't know has to be done?).

100% agreed. I honestly can't see the point in having to keep re-registering for each auction on a site where you've bid previously. It's time wasting, irritating and totally inane.

They should take a leaf out of DNW's or Spink's books where you register only once.

Any thoughts @NRP ? 

I think you have to register for each auction you are going to participate in. I have the app and have used it, but each auction requires you to register, not you whole details but your intention to bid. I registered for this in Dec, but what you have to realise, registering 2hrs before the auction starts in NY and on a Sunday and it's going to get complicated straight off the bat.