British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
craigy

Tiddler

the old explorer 2 doesn't miss a thing, any ideas on who is on this coin ?

thanks in advance 

P1000654.JPG

P1000656.JPG

My sister?

• Haha 1

Minnie the Minx?

• Haha 2

Minnie The Minx the Third, I think....

• Haha 2

Actually, there is a hint of Noddy Holder about that portrait....

In the absence of a sensible answer - Henry VIII second coinage halfpenny, London. Can't make out the mint mark.

I had been trying to find anything anywhere that vaguely matched- I'm amazed how tiny it is...

the Explorer is some machine. I have an XP Goldmaxx Power and I'm finding it tricky to get it to find things that small...

It's so easy to recognise later Henry v111 coins, but it's easy to forget that early on in his reign he wasn't the round figure that's so familiar!

3 minutes ago, blakeyboy said:

I had been trying to find anything anywhere that vaguely matched- I'm amazed how tiny it is...

the Explorer is some machine. I have an XP Goldmaxx Power and I'm finding it tricky to get it to find things that small...

It's so easy to recognise later Henry v111 coins, but it's easy to forget that early on in his reign he wasn't the round figure that's so familiar!

Bogbrush hair and shortened cross ends - Henry VIII second coinage. Diameter says halfpenny. No marks by bust means not a provincial episcopal issue, so London. Statistically, Arrow is the most likely mark, but unless the image is improved on, then this is conjecture.

Edited by Rob

I'm also amazed at coins like this - they always look so so much older- technology in all areas of life just 'froze' for a thousand years,

the whoosh steam power changed everything....

I had a lot of luck with the original Explorer (XS?) moving onto the Explorer II when it first came out about 2003. We used to test it on cut quarters and it was the only machine that never missed.