British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Peckris 2

'Expanded' versus 'Condensed' listing

Anyone else noticed this problem? I normally view Unread Content by Condensed listing, but starting today, it refuses to display that; everything is in Expanded form. Yes I can click Condensed, though it doesn't take effect, and next time it's reverted to Expanded.

Any responses? Anyone seeing Condensed listings working since the day before yesterday?

If by condensed you mean an unread content marker by the side of the forum section, then this hasn't changed for me. Click on the forum section and it expands to give the list of threads within that section with the unread ones highlighted.

39 minutes ago, Rob said:

If by condensed you mean an unread content marker by the side of the forum section, then this hasn't changed for me. Click on the forum section and it expands to give the list of threads within that section with the unread ones highlighted.

I'm talking about the Unread Content. There's two options there, Expanded and Condensed. Expanded shows the thread titles, the sub-titles, and the first line of the new post, taking up 5 or 6 lines. If there are - for example - 7 or 8 topics with new posts, that's a lot of scrolling down. Condensed gives you just the topic title and who posted, in a single line, so you can see more or less all Unread Content on one page, which is what I have always used.

However, the Condensed button is borked, for me at any rate. Try it yourself and see if you see any difference between Ex'd and Cn'd. Let me know what you see.

If you don't know what I'm talking about I'll have to use screenshots.

Here are a couple of screenshots anyway (this only shows 3 topics, but on a good day there could be a dozen so you can imagine the difference):

341008162_PredecExpanded.thumb.jpg.8cef5c410ce0d18e49ad00d96fa099a5.jpg

I've had to create the Condensed view in Photoshop from the above, but it's pretty accurate I'd say:

90139696_PredecCondensed.thumb.jpg.caa26be0a6bd836af0724326ffb6f590.jpg

I've never clicked on the unread content button, so a new experience and can't comment as I don't have any unread threads at the moment.

On 1/1/2020 at 4:18 PM, Peckris 2 said:

Anyone else noticed this problem? I normally view Unread Content by Condensed listing, but starting today, it refuses to display that; everything is in Expanded form. Yes I can click Condensed, though it doesn't take effect, and next time it's reverted to Expanded.

It's not a facility I ever use, but have just tried it for the first time, and it gives exactly the same result for both "expanded" and "condensed". I can also click "load more activity", which is shown below the last entry, to get more.   

3 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

It's not a facility I ever use, but have just tried it for the first time, and it gives exactly the same result for both "expanded" and "condensed". I can also click "load more activity", which is shown below the last entry, to get more.   

I'll let Chris know then. It's the same in Firefox and Chrome so there's definitely a bug. It was working fine up to a few days ago.