British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
blakeyboy

Christmas hampers

is it just me wot's going through a time cell where everything doesn't work, or is generally this year a pain in the arse?

Christmas is usually a runaround from hell, with no bonus points, but this year...

Eurostars cancelled, no emails where I was working in Paris - thanks BT....

No emails back at the hotel either- BT claiming that particular hotel was hotspot for spam.....!

Had to hover outside cafes to use their wifi....

I'm trying to get home now from kidderminster, having zoomed up to help very ill sister sort her computer out,

and lo and behold- engine warning light and no power.

Stuck in a mcdonald's on their wifi so I don't go insane waiting for the RAC - 3 hours plus- after logging onto Mcdonalds wifi

by basically giving them all my information, so I'm expecting a future consisting entirely of spam aimed at fat kids....

Christmas hampers.  Yes it does.

Grrr....

Blake, you could always get a mifi. They are a secure network you can use anywhere, without having to try and use the often weak and insecure local wifi's.

Sorry to hear your sister is unwell. 

Thanks Mike

Her illness is a hideous combination of MS and MSA, so not good.

She's next to my 93 year old mother, who is losing the plot, so there is a near-perfect storm 100 miles away all the time,

that just gets worse, and what can I do about it?   It's always 'not enough'......

I do find a good Malt or Amarone is a good temporary cure!!!

2 hours ago, blakeyboy said:

Thanks Mike

Her illness is a hideous combination of MS and MSA, so not good.

She's next to my 93 year old mother, who is losing the plot, so there is a near-perfect storm 100 miles away all the time,

that just gets worse, and what can I do about it?   It's always 'not enough'......

I do find a good Malt or Amarone is a good temporary cure!!!

Tough call Blake. I sincerely hope you can find a way through it all. 

We have advanced so much, technologically. But still we can't find a cure for some of these dreadful illnesses.  

Sorry if I'm being insensitive, but as an MS sufferer myself I was wondering what MSA is?

3 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

Sorry if I'm being insensitive, but as an MS sufferer myself I was wondering what MSA is?

Multiple system atrophy is a much rarer form of progressive neurological disorder than MS. An ex-colleague of mine had it and it is a truly dreadful disease. 

Sorry that you are having a really stressful time Blake. 

(However, drinking a good Malt or Amarone is a definite sign that you have things under control.)

However, sharing a good malt or amarone is even better.......

Merry Christmas and New year to all you good forum members.

b

9 hours ago, blakeyboy said:

Merry Christmas and New year to all you good forum members.

And definitely the same to you Blake, I do hope you find some merriness over the festive period.

Oh I'll give it a try!

If I get all maudlin, then I'm no damn use to anyone!!!

car in garage over Xmas- VW turbos just fill up with crap, unless driven illegally- what a design....1