British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
1949threepence

LCGS - how do you actually register with them?

I don't know if it's me being thick but I'm at a loss as to how you actually join.

A link to their site is here, and although the benefits of membership are pointed out, there doesn't appear to be any signposting on how to become a member. Clicking the log in is purely for current members. It doesn't also offer a gateway for registering.

Can anyone help? If it's me being dense or non observant then I apologise and hold my hands up.       

I don't think you can join online. I assume you need to phone them to give your credit card details to pay for the joining fee. Then they will then set up the account for you. 

2 hours ago, Sword said:

I don't think you can join online. I assume you need to phone them to give your credit card details to pay for the joining fee. Then they will then set up the account for you. 

OK, thanks. I'll give it a go and report back.

So anyway, I called LCA today and was told that the mechanics of how to join is shown on the FAQ of the LCGS website, but I'm buggered if I could find it, having already looked. If it is there, it's very well hidden. As I said above, it does point out the benefits of membership (and the £99 fee to join), but not how to join. 

I pointed out that I was unable to find it and she advised me to send an e mail to the info at London Coins e mail address, with my details and she'd get back to me. 

Edited by 1949threepence

22 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

So anyway, I called LCA today and was told that the mechanics of how to join is shown on the FAQ of the LCGS website, but I'm buggered if I could find it, having already looked. If it is there, it's very well hidden. As I said above, it does point out the benefits of membership (and the £99 fee to join), but not how to join. 

I pointed out that I was unable to find it and she advised me to send an e mail to the info at London Coins e mail address, with my details and she'd get back to me. 

Were you talking to Semra Cetin? She can be a little on the tart side sometimes....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RLC35 said:

Were you talking to Semra Cetin? She can be a little on the tart side sometimes....

I think so Bob, yes. Bit of a foreign accent - we've spoken before. 

She was a bit sharp at first, but seemed much pleasanter towards the end of our conversation. I suspect it's just the way she is.  

Just curious, did you join at the end?

On 12/29/2019 at 11:02 PM, Sword said:

Just curious, did you join at the end?

Sorry, literally just seen this - no. All I wanted to know was the date when a coin slabbed by CGS was slabbed. You can find out when an NGC slabbed coin was without having to be a member.

But anyway, I think I know roughly when it was +/- a couple of months.