British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Mr T

1921 3B half crown

Does anyone have an image of one? It's the 1 of 1921 to a gap and is the rarer type.

I want to count the denticles on the reverse (it's 189 on reverse C) but the only high-resolution images I can find are of 3C coins.

Funnily enough, i just counted the denticles on the London Coins site, Auction 157, lot 2670. I counted 189 on the 3B coin, so no difference. I hope that this helps. 

• Like 1

Does anyone have an image of one? It's the 1 of 1921 to a gap and is the rarer type.

I want to count the denticles on the reverse (it's 189 on reverse C) but the only high-resolution images I can find are of 3C coins.

http://www.londoncoins.co.uk/?page=Pastresults&auc=157&searchlot=2670&searchtype=2

A London coins offering of a 3B reverse 1921 halfcrown with a photo of my own example.. I'm not going to count the denticles, but on my coin  however examination of the second 1of the date in the coin below the  reveals a curl on the tail of the 1 rather than a straighter 1 which is the case with the London Coins example

Reverse  Weak Lions' Faces.jpg

Obverse EF.jpg

Edited by ozjohn
  • Like 1

I really like overall the 1920-1922 half crowns when well struck. Some are extremely so with even a matte proof like appearance in the case of the 1920 and '21. Please have a look at the PCGS census and the PCGS # 512833

e.g. XXX.XX/12345678 Need Help?

Verify

(1920 1/2 Cr Satin) (Proof)

24893544_29449726_max.jpg
1 / 1
(1920 1/2 Cr Satin) (Proof) PCGS PR61
  • Like 2

Thanks all - I think Davies says the design is a slightly different says but I think the denticle count being the same is telling.