British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
JLS

Henry V halfpenny - class A or C ?

Hello all, 

Recently picked up this hammered halfpenny. I'm pretty sure it's Henry V due to the annulets on either side of the crown; wrong portrait style for Henry IV. 

Can't decide if it's class A (emaciated bust, rare) or class C though. I'm leaning towards class A because the annulets don't appear to be broken, and the portrait style seems different to class C coins I've seen photographed online. Anyone know of a photographed class A specimen to confirm ? 

Thanks,

J

00000emaciated..JPG.d99ef3e0c63e17bb0c294f3c721dc3be.JPG

18 hours ago, Rob said:

Both look broken to me.

Looking at it again in hand the right annulet looks broken - the left one looks closed, the apparent break in the photo seems to come from a weak strike. Do you know if this is a definite diagnostic for these ?