British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

copper123

Great investment

Judgeing on the low mintages of both the flopsy bunny and peter rabbit coins of 2018 - I will be keeping any I find as a short term investment I have already found a couple in my change and bought a couple at an antques and collectors fair for 75p each , they should be orer a tenner each in a year or so.

Edited by copper123

They already are - I have sold several on my stall at £12 each recently. Tittlemouse is also good - mintage is 1.8M, which is still less than Jemima.

12 minutes ago, copper123 said:

Judgeing on the low mintages of both the flopsy bunny and peter rabbit coins of 2018 - I will be keeping any I find as a short term investment I have already found a couple in my change and bought a couple at an antques and collectors fair for 75p each , they should be orer a tenner each in a year or so.

in a few years you could be a millionhare

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Diaconis said:

in a few years you could be a millionhare

I'll warrent you're right..

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

I'll warrent you're right..

Someone has to have an odd 200,000 Kew gardens 50 pences somewhere....

1 hour ago, JLS said:

Someone has to have an odd 200,000 Kew gardens 50 pences somewhere....

I ear that's so.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

I ear that's so.

I'll bet he has a receding hare line and likes to read novels by Edgar Rice Burrows.

• Haha 4

I'll keep this short and sweet, not wanting to rabbit on too much, but the above sounds like a good idea. If you keep a pair of bright eyes you might spot some of the aforementioned 50p's.

Hopefully any sellers will be dangling a decent price carrot for potential buyers.

Of course, if anybody does become a millionaire as a result, the shock of all that money might make them need to see a quack.  Especially if they're currently as poor as a church mouse.

OK, I'll duck out now :ph34r:

• Haha 4

Are you lot going to stop talking a load of rubbish and let us all get back to the serious stuff like Bunny pennies. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

I am a quarter millionare anyway  as long as you include the value of my pension .

Edited by copper123

10 hours ago, Paddy said:

They already are - I have sold several on my stall at £12 each recently. Tittlemouse is also good - mintage is 1.8M, which is still less than Jemima.

sounds like i was lucky then -

So there we have it guys - us oldies will hold them peter rabbits and flopsey bunnies hostage till the kids parents cough up a twenty for their little monters to own our "precious" 50p's

Thats what their grandparents have been doing for decades... and the longer they're held hostage the more go out of circulation, soon all these coins will be nearly unique.

Slab a couple while they're good lol ;)

7 hours ago, Diaconis said:

I'll bet he has a receding hare line and likes to read novels by Edgar Rice Burrows.

These puns are getting to be a rabbit with me..

7 hours ago, terrysoldpennies said:

Are you lot going to stop talking a load of rubbish and let us all get back to the serious stuff like Bunny pennies. ;)

Or get rid of cable television and go back to rabbit ears....

7 hours ago, terrysoldpennies said:

Across the pond we would say that that makes no cents....

I can just see the Daily Mail headline now  "Evil parents squirel away the nutkins"

Recently I was walking around a old churchyard in shropshire (pre lockdown ) and I heard this screaming noise I looked around and found then smallest little wild rabbit which had been backed into a corner next to a gravestone , I realised what had happened this tiny rabbit had come out of its burrow and had a look at the wide world and been lucky enough to meet a stoat/ weasel on its first trip out  , poor thing.

It was a really nice thing to do, pick it up , I never did see the stoat/ weasel  but hey its nice to help such a furry cute animal

20200321_101244 (2).jpg

Edited by copper123
  • Like 2