British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
copper123

things that make you smile

saw a nuthatch today in my own new back garden , there is also a jay that has started coming here for penuts as well

sometimes its the little things that make you happy

A man’s penis had to be put on ice after his wife chopped it off with a knife. Chief Detective Jason Wank said police did not yet know why Victoria Frabutt, 56, took tied her husband James, 61, up and severed his manhood. They were called to a house in Newport, North Carolina, at 4am yesterday. thumbnail for post ID 10766237Donald Trump says homeless people are ruining the 'prestige' of wealthy US cities They rushed Mr Frabutt to hospital along with his penis where it was hoped surgeons could reattach it. Major Wank said officers from Carteret County Sheriff’s Office did not reveal Mr Frabutt’s condition. He said: ‘Deputies were able to recovered the body part and it was immediately put on ice and transported to medical personnel. ‘ His wife was taken into custody and faces charges of malicious castration and kidnapping.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/11/wife-victoria-frabutt-tied-husband-cut-off-penis-10720938/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

nuthatch.jpg

Edited by copper123
  • Like 3

Nuthatches go down tree trunks headfirst, treecreepers go up, if you can't see the bird clearly enough.

Nuthatches also scold you for being there loudly, like wrens and robins do..

If you have nuthatches and jays, keep a sharp eye out for goldcrests  in hedges- they often like the same sort of territory,

and are often peeping to each other in pairs.   So so tiny...

About twice a year a horde of long-tailed tits turns up in my garden and it makes my week.

I was at Peter Gabriel's studio in Box last year, and right outside the window of the Tech Department there was

a bird feeder, with five of the wonderful cretures on it...a foot from my face!!

One of the tech boys said it was difficult to get any work done some days.....:)

• Like 3

Sums things up in my town.......

Highways agency.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Sign of the times?

img032.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:37 PM, 1949threepence said:

Sums things up in my town.......

Highways agency.jpg

Caused by Brexit is suppose .  :o

• Haha 2

^^^ That will leave everyone snookered for the maximum amount of time.

Back on the bird theme - most weekday lunchtimes I walk round a park local to my office.  There are a couple of jays in there too, which I enjoy looking out for.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stuntman said:

^^^ That will leave everyone snookered for the maximum amount of time.

Back on the bird theme - most weekday lunchtimes I walk round a park local to my office.  There are a couple of jays in there too, which I enjoy looking out for.

Neat.  

Some spelling mistakes:

1189466361_1-Copy-Copy.jpg.7b15928818012c5f97ddd862fbc8923b.jpg

137917254_3-Copy-Copy.jpg.0a0b86902fcf4d2b87b5c083c19eaa5b.jpg

• Haha 4

993562630_5-Copy-Copy.jpg.5bd311cf9f115a92f295bfd03cf87d95.jpg

Edited by Sword
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Wasn't  'brid' the original ancient spelling??

My late father liked jays- and loved pointing out that it's Latin name  Garrulus Glandarius rather describes it.

( He also liked the name of the Wren, describing in secretive skulking movements: Troglodytes Troglodytes....)

Interestingly, on a bird theme, in 1946 Peter Adolph patented a new table football game.

He was not allowed to use the trade name 'Hobby' that he wanted,

so he used that bird's Latin Name:  Falco Subbuteo.

Edited by blakeyboy
finger trouble
  • Like 2

This sign always makes me smile.

87666322_Funnysign.thumb.jpg.878f170080fa306d90d640958377a27e.jpg

"Top line - L then I then E then ... is it an N ?"

Edited by Peckris 2
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, blakeyboy said:

Wasn't  'brid' the original ancient spelling??

It's actually the original spelling of bride-to-be 😉

• Like 1