British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Hi.

Anyone have a copy of BHM for the reference number? 38mm dia, weight including clip 22.28g. Struck in Tin. Thanks.

DSC_0025-3.jpg

DSC_0026-3.jpg

My BHM isn't to hand, but from memory I'd say that this isn't included.

BTW, if there is no signature on the truncation, then this is a knock off copy of the Spink issue.

Like the reverse obverse not very flattering though , but probably a reasonable likeness

Weirdly enough this reverse design was reused for an Edward VIII coronation medal...

There was a 1901 Death of Victoria, Acession of Edward medal that used that reverse, but I'd be very interested in seeing a coronation medal with that format.

On the same theme, can anyone tell me more about this medallion? Measures about 29mm diameter and appears to be silver. I can find a similar obverse on several online examples, but these have a reverse with "Valparaiso" in the wording.

1897 Jub med 1-horz Red.jpg

9 hours ago, bagerap said:

There was a 1901 Death of Victoria, Acession of Edward medal that used that reverse, but I'd be very interested in seeing a coronation medal with that format.

Here you go ! 

This medal exists in brassed bronze (as shown) as well as in bronze, gilt bronze, white metal and silver. I have all except the silver striking which is very rare. Not sure if this actually dates to ~1936 or whether it is a later fantasy, but it rarely turns up in pristine condition which to me suggests an earlier manufacture if not contemporary. 

1937fantasy.thumb.JPG.7e32aa5f51fc613b42ed333b3172688d.JPG1937fantasyb.JPG.ae57d23e3e76affd7811609d303977e1.JPG

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JLS said:

Here you go ! 

This medal exists in brassed bronze (as shown) as well as in bronze, gilt bronze, white metal and silver. I have all except the silver striking which is very rare. Not sure if this actually dates to ~1936 or whether it is a later fantasy, but it rarely turns up in pristine condition which to me suggests an earlier manufacture if not contemporary. 

OHG he looks about 35 surely very flattering

1937fantasy.thumb.JPG.7e32aa5f51fc613b42ed333b3172688d.JPG1937fantasyb.JPG.ae57d23e3e76affd7811609d303977e1.JPG

Nose job ("I'll have 'The Pixie' please.") and false lashes.

• Haha 1

On 10/9/2019 at 11:36 AM, Michael-Roo said:

Nose job ("I'll have 'The Pixie' please.") and false lashes.

Lol 😂