British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
copper123

Are the oldies the goldies?

old toilet stolen in Blenheim Palace burglary

• 1 hour ago

Media captionThe 18-carat golden toilet was previously displayed at the Guggenheim Museum in New York

An 18-carat solid gold toilet has been stolen in a burglary overnight at Blenheim Palace.

A gang broke into the Oxfordshire palace at about 04:50 BST and stole the artwork, Thames Valley Police said.

The working toilet - entitled America, which visitors had been invited to use - has not been found but a 66-year-old man has been arrested.

The burglary caused "significant damage and flooding" because the toilet was plumbed into the building, police said.

It was part of an exhibition by Italian conceptual artist Maurizio Cattelan that opened on Thursday.

The 18th Century stately home is a World Heritage Site and the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill. It is currently closed while investigations continue.

Speaking last month, Edward Spencer-Churchill - half-brother of the current Duke of Marlborough - said he was relaxed about security for the artwork.

"It's not going to be the easiest thing to nick," he said.

Police said they had nothing to go on

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Comedy gold. 

• Haha 2

I always liked The Two Ronnies "news items", for example:

"The height of the furniture in the House of Commons has been lowered after an MP stood up too quickly and tabled his amendments."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I sat on my lathe this morning and gave myself a nasty turn....

• Like 1

I banged my head on my telescope and ended up seeing stars.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

I banged my head on my telescope and ended up seeing stars.

It's easier just to look up ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1