British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
oldcopper

Waterbird Collection

40 minutes ago, oldcopper said:

In my experience, the archive has never worked - always comes up with "no lots found" however broad the search parameters

Agreed - Spink archive is a complete mystery to me. Never found a thing on it yet.

ETA: just searched for an auction, found it in the list and clicked on it. Got this:-

Not Found (#404)

We couldn't find what you were looking for  

"New and improved" apparently......

Edited by 1949threepence
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, oldcopper said:

In my experience, the archive has never worked - always comes up with "no lots found" however broad the search parameters

I agree entirely on this, maybe something @CoinageBritannia can take onboard as another project for the Spink website

As David has said. The archive has clearly not been contrived to be user friendly and works off the inputs of our auction system which is why it doesn't work at all. 

1 hour ago, CoinageBritannia said:

As David has said. The archive has clearly not been contrived to be user friendly and works off the inputs of our auction system which is why it doesn't work at all. 

Question is: can you fix the problem? 

I've just had an private exchange with CoinageBritannia who has agreed that suggestions for improvement should be sent to Spink because they are preparing improvements to the system. I won't quote the email addresses I was given in case they don't want to be deluged with comments but perhaps they will formally invite constructive suggestions.

3 minutes ago, secret santa said:

I've just had an private exchange with CoinageBritannia who has agreed that suggestions for improvement should be sent to Spink because they are preparing improvements to the system. I won't quote the email addresses I was given in case they don't want to be deluged with comments but perhaps they will formally invite constructive suggestions.

Thanks Secret Santa. Yes. I suggest as our users you send your concerns directly to our IT Support team as the ideal scenario would be for our system to work as CoinArchives does

23 minutes ago, CoinageBritannia said:

Thanks Secret Santa. Yes. I suggest as our users you send your concerns directly to our IT Support team as the ideal scenario would be for our system to work as CoinArchives does

A coinarchieves type system would be good, at least we could search.