British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
terrysoldpennies

1908 penny F165 2+C widest date with the 8 over the tooth

This widest date 1908 type is mentioned in David Grooms Bronze book, but its the first one I've personally ever seen , its just a little wider than the reverse D which has the one in the date to the gap, but this being the reverse C has the 1 in the date to the tooth.  I don't know if its to be found paired with obverse 1,  does anyone have an example ??

1404719948_19082-c11toothdatewidth8overtoothexrare.thumb.JPG.15c5e331e6df6659b98f9a70f91e86dc.JPG

Is this what you are looking for Terry?

IMG_0221.JPG

I think what Terry means is the date width Ian.

1 to tooth & 8 to tooth 🙂

Well that's an obverse 1 yes Ian, but as Pete says a 1908  1+C   F164 with the wide date, as my example is a   2+C   F165.

8 minutes ago, terrysoldpennies said:

Well that's an obverse 1 yes Ian, but as Pete says a 1908  1+C   F164 with the wide date, as my example is a   2+C   F165.

Looking at Ians coin on the CGS site it is just a standard date Terry.

I did not know about that width before ,so have never looked to find one 🙂