British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paddy

BBC report on 2018 mintage figures for 1p and 2p coins

This on the BBC website today - apparently no 1p or 2p coins produced for circulation in 2018, but this is not an indication (yet) of the demise of the coppers:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49275300

Looks like the 10p is a slightly scarce issue?

To be honest, we won't need any more new 1 or 2p's for quite a few years to come.

I also think the decline in the use of cash, will plateau out quite soon. Can't ever see it being completely abandoned. After all how else could we get cut price jobs for 'cash'?

I really don't like the thought of cash disappearing. I don't think people appreciate the impact it will have on our freedoms.   

Yes - it is the privacy issue I really don't like about going cashless. The banks, and by extension the government and probably most of the big internet companies, would know where we are and what we are spending all the time.

What they need to come up with to replace cash, is a device that can be topped up with funds, in much the way as a PAYG phone is anonymous.

On 8/8/2019 at 12:13 PM, Peckris 2 said:

Looks like the 10p is a slightly scarce issue?

The A-Z 10p's

• Like 1
  • Haha 1