British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
craigy

Victoria 200 SOTD sovereign

so at 07:01 it was in my basket, when i got to payment 10 seconds later it wasnt in my basket,   

how do the likes of the london coin company get 7 to sell on ebay   ???    they seem to have used the royal mints photo's as well, who is the london coins that sell stuff for many times the value,  i'm sure these people are in bed with the Royal mint,    been a while since i have bought anything from them as they seem to be sneaking around and branching out in many direction 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2019-Struck-on-the-Day-Birth-Queen-Victoria-Privy-Gold-Matte-Full-Sovereign-Coin/183825935898?hash=item2acce12e1a:g:qdgAAOSwCvVc6xhr

Edited by craigy

I think you had a lucky escape, personally.  I don't see value in this coin being anywhere near the premium being charged over bullion...

The London Coin Company will have been given an allocation of the coins from the Royal Mint.  Other dealers often do too, such as Chards - and Chards usually prices the coins below the official RM price if you're lucky/organised/quick enough  to get one of their allocation at the time of release. 

The remainder will have been made available to buy on the RM website.

I'd wait for the next issue coming out in the next financial quarter Struck on the day - 200 years since Victoria started to teethe and next year they're doing a struck on the day celebrating 100 years since the birth of Buster Merryfield. 

Edited by damian1986
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, damian1986 said:

I'd wait for the next issue coming out in the next financial quarter Struck on the day - 200 years since Victoria started to teethe and next year they're doing a struck on the day celebrating 100 years since the birth of Buster Merryfield. 

Also, don't forget that 2019 is the 20th anniversary of Chris Perkins' coin website - the Royal Mint should commemorate that as it's definitely more of an anniversary than the rubbish excuses they come up with to make money!

• Like 1