British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Sword

Reconciliation

Having took a few deep breaths and making sure there were no coins in the vicinity, I hope this post is viewed as a genuine attempt at reconciliation. 

I know I should wait until Chris has open up the tread concerned. But I am keen to make a reconciliation attempt sooner rather than later.

Although I do not feel that I have been unfair to CGS in any way by the comments I have made, I take PWA 1967’s point that I have forgotten that I have said similar things in the past. In other words, I was possibly being boring and I can apologise for that.

The spat has made me air every problem I had with CGS slabs and I don’t think there is anything more I can add. Hence, I probably won’t be able to annoy PWA 1967 with any more CGS specific comments.  :) However, I can promise him that I would not dream of annoying him or anyone else here deliberately.  But I don’t think one should be annoyed at comments made towards TPG in general. Let’s be honest, enough people have been giving them all the time. Some people like TPGs, some don’t and that’s the way it is. 

I still don’t believe that the language in some of his posts was appropriate but I won’t say any more about that.

One thing I would like to add and I think many people here would agree. When PWA 1967 said he tries to be a nice guy and wants to help people, he might not believe what was the first thing which came to my mind. He has indeed gained respect for being a real collector. Most people need to sell coins for profit (because they are running a business and have a living to make). Some slab sellers are after excessive profits. But over the years, he has sold coins on the forum with the intention of sharing his high quality spares with fellow collectors. I suspect that he has even occasionally sold coins at a loss simply to move them to good homes. Even though I am not a penny collector, I do appreciate what he is doing.

Sword

Edited by Sword
  • Like 4

Take it easy and i am really sorry about the language if i offended you , my problem is that i stuggle to write things down and am what may be called thick and of low intelligence.

I wasnt at school from being thirteen and did not have much education before ,so my posts may appear childish or daft as i find it hard to put words into writing and obviously cant spell.

I dont know what slavish means that you described me as being but if its bad then you were probably right .

I dont and cant make excuses for my stupid posts but feel maybe you would see a different Pete should you ever meet me or speak to me on the phone ,.if you could understand me 😊

I wont start going on again and have said or atleast tried to :D say what i thought at the time.

Keep smiling.

Pete.

• Like 4

Thank you very much. That's overly kind.

Nobody think you are not intelligent. You generally say something very perceptive whenever you start off a comment with "I don't know anything but ..."

My memory is obviously bad for things I do in the evenings when I am tired. Hence I do forget I have said something before and end up repeating it without noticing. Very sorry for the irritation caused. 

Enjoy the sunny Sunday.

Sword

• Like 2

That’s nice guys. Well done both.😋

Jerry

• Like 2