British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Pavel

Charing Cross collector's market?

I was told that the Charing Cross collector's market is a good place to visit on my trip to London. Can you give me any advice/feedback on it?

I'll have two small children in tow, is there anything else there to keep them occupied while I am looking at coins?

Also (to avoid starting a new topic), can I find something interesting at the Portobello Rd market or is that going to be a waste of time?

My time in London will be, sadly, very limited.

On 5/8/2019 at 6:16 AM, Pavel said:

I was told that the Charing Cross collector's market is a good place to visit on my trip to London. Can you give me any advice/feedback on it?

I'll have two small children in tow, is there anything else there to keep them occupied while I am looking at coins?

Also (to avoid starting a new topic), can I find something interesting at the Portobello Rd market or is that going to be a waste of time?

My time in London will be, sadly, very limited.

Can't tell you anything about it as I've never been myself. But what I can say is that I won the bid for a very nice virtually BU 1890 penny from LCA in September 2014, for £80 hammer, which was touted as having been bought from Charing Cross Market for £25 - date not given.

Charing Cross collector's Market website 

41 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Can't tell you anything about it as I've never been myself. But what I can say is that I won the bid for a very nice virtually BU 1890 penny from LCA in September 2014, for £80 hammer, which was touted as having been bought from Charing Cross Market for £25 - date not given.

Charing Cross collector's Market website 

The 1890 penny was Michael coles  Mike if you didnt know ,who visits the forum sometimes.

He used to buy some from laurie bamford.

Edited by PWA 1967

25 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

The 1890 penny was Michael coles  Mike if you didnt know ,who visits the forum sometimes.

What's his username on here, Pete? 

5 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

What's his username on here, Pete? 

I will PM you as he still sells a few 🙂

Anyway, back to you, @Pavel Portobello Road is always an interesting place to visit if you get the time. 

I also hope you get to visit Charing Cross collectors Market. I might give it a whirl myself at some point.  

I have fond memories of this place from the late seventies - I must go back sometime

• Like 1

Perhaps not it  is often a bad idea you know when you meet an ex from 30 years ago and she looks like charlie dimmock now LOL