British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

1949threepence

Had a field day on e bay......

13 hours ago, secret santa said:

I've only got the Free Adobe Photoshop Plus and it doesn't appear to have that feature.

You get what you pay for!

7 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

See if it works:-

Well I'll need to perfect my technique, but so far so good - from photoscape. Thanks @Paddy

narrow date 1879 rev cropped.jpg

By the way, this was the original:-

narrow date 1879 rev.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Paddy said:

@Diaconis have you got the Pro version and paid for it? Just wondering as my free version gives only rectangular or circle/ellipse cropping, and you seem to have used a more free form version. (Not that I would need it often enough to want to pay for it!)

Paddy, it's called Photoscape X (for Mac) and it is free.

OK - the free Windows 10 version doesn't seem to support random edges, unless I am missing it somewhere. Not to worry - not a function I need much.

13 hours ago, Paddy said:

OK - the free Windows 10 version doesn't seem to support random edges, unless I am missing it somewhere. Not to worry - not a function I need much.

You wouldn't need that for coins - just use the circular crop.

7 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

You wouldn't need that for coins - just use the circular crop.

Agreed - as long as you are dealing with circular coins. The conversation came up because of the trapezoidal coin example posted, which I would not be able to crop using my Photoscape. But I don't have any of those, so not a problem! 😊

I guess one of those Indian or Middle Eastern flower shaped coins would be quite a challenge, even with a free-format cropping tool.

• Haha 1