British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

craigy

have you seen the price of a kew gardens ?

22 minutes ago, blakeyboy said:

Ooo-er Missus indeed!!!!!!!

Believe it or not, the post was actually intended to be serious.

But now you mention it I can see the obvious innuendos. 

4 hours ago, mick1271 said:

The 1992/93 EEC 50p only had a circulation of 109,000 ( I remember them in my change when I was in my teens ), but sell for half of what a Kew goes for .

They're catching up faster than you think. Currently about 80. Kew is 110+ depending on condition.

I have the 92, as for the kew, when I find one I shall have it. Screw paying that much for cuni.

6 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

That reminds me Mike, I was once asked to come up with a list of 10 sexual innuendoes...

I inadvertently came up with 11, so I had to rub one out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, mick1271 said:

I believe a lot of the prices are down to the Whitman type folders that RM released for the modern 50p. All easy coins to get ,except the 2009 Kew . I know the feeling of needing to fill a gap , so can understand people wanting to pay over the odds to do it. The 1992/93 EEC 50p only had a circulation of 109,000 ( I remember them in my change when I was in my teens ), but sell for half of what a Kew goes for .

And no-one knows how many 1981 currency 10p's survived - from the following year until demonetised in 1992 they were 'sets only' so it's probable that most of the mintage was never issued. Put it this way - you NEVER see them offered now. Yet their low book price is laughable.

Edited by Peckris 2

1 hour ago, 1949threepence said:

Sorry everyone, I couldn't resist.....

These Kew gardens have gone up quite a lot more over the last couple of weeks and circulated selling for £160 - £190 .

The 2009 set with the shield in aswell now selling for £280 + , there are thousands of 50p collectors with one facebook group the other week registering over a 1000 people in a week.

The £2 Gibraltar hercules series have all been selling out within a couple of minutes of being released ,with thousands not able to get them causing a secondary market.

I am sure most new collectors are more interested in decimals rather than the pre decimal coins we all collect on here .

Edited by PWA 1967

1 hour ago, PWA 1967 said:

there are thousands of 50p collectors

I'm convinced there are actually relatively few collectors compared to the number of profiteers. :ph34r:

• Like 1