British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Coppers

Coin News Article

For those who have not yet read the latest issue of Coin News, there is an excellent article written by Richard Sessions on the rare George V pennies of 1922-26.

• Like 3

Hello stranger. It's been a while since you were last here.

Hi Rob.  I've been here all along, but just haven't had much to say. 🤐

8 hours ago, Coppers said:

For those who have not yet read the latest issue of Coin News, there is an excellent article written by Richard Sessions on the rare George V pennies of 1922-26.

Funnily enough, I was thinking of writing an article on those! But Richard will have the photos of course.

Aye, perhaps some reader may be able to post a link on this perhaps??

5 hours ago, VickySilver said:

https://www.tokenpublishing.com/

There isnt a link Eric as its a pay for magazine although you can purchase an email copy for just a couple of pound.This cant be shared though as will only work as far as i am aware from the email address its purchased from .To see what the format is like though first you can have a look FOC at a previous issue.

Strange, can't post an image of the article

Edited by azda

On 3/22/2019 at 10:58 PM, Peckris 2 said:

Funnily enough, I was thinking of writing an article on those! But Richard will have the photos of course.

As Chris Peckris wrote in his original article, the real truth about the penny mysteries from 1922 to 1926 may never be of-ficially resolved, but it does appear that an awful lot was goingon at the Royal Mint at that time and there may be more mys- teries and rarities to be discovered. 

More details of these and other milled pennies can be found at my website www.pennyvarieties.co.uk.

Edited by azda
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, VickySilver said:

Would recommend subscribing, you can opt for digital or paper, i've gonet onto digital because i have several years worth of paper issues at home

Edited by azda

I've just subscribed for 6 months (£20) and get paper and digital. I must say apart from Richard Sessions article the rest is 20 minutes wasted. 

Yea, that is what I remember from all the years I did subscribe - mostly a lot of fluff and ads. Maybe I'll give it a go on the e-version plus good to support Richard in any case.

2 hours ago, VickySilver said:

Yea, that is what I remember from all the years I did subscribe - mostly a lot of fluff and ads. Maybe I'll give it a go on the e-version plus good to support Richard in any case.

We get paid by the article / word count, not by the number of issues sold.

I write and/or proof read Latin based languages for a number of publications. It doesn't keep the wolf from the door, but it slows the bugger down a bit.

My colleagues translating from Russo/Bulgarian tongues are making a lot more than me for the present.

Pro tip: If you want your children to support you in your old age get them learning, Turkish, Korean  and Portuguese

• Like 1

Richard I saw your article today when I came into the office - very impressive!!

5 hours ago, NRP said:

Richard I saw your article today when I came into the office - very impressive!!

Thank you, Neil.

I'll be in town (Smiths) on Friday - is it the current issue?

35 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

I'll be in town (Smiths) on Friday - is it the current issue?

It's the April issue Chris.

When I saw the first few lines of your post above, I thought you were about to say you'd be in town on Friday to sign your article for buyers :ph34r:

40 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

It's the April issue Chris.

When I saw the first few lines of your post above, I thought you were about to say you'd be in town on Friday to sign your article for buyers :ph34r:

So it's the current issue then?

4 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

So it's the current issue then?

If you define "current" as the upcoming month as opposed to the present one, then yes. 

1 minute ago, 1949threepence said:

If you define "current" as the upcoming month as opposed to the present one, then yes. 

I mean, as in "on sale in WH Smith"!!