British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paulus

Emergency Issue 8 and 4 Reales over-stamps

Just thought I'd start a new topic on this, there is much to debate, not for the first time I am sure!

A while back I acquired 2 'pieces of eight' examples, the type collector in me wants at least a 4 reales, example and an octagonal counter-stamp example.

Here are my 2 (Mexico and Bolivia (Potosi) mints), would love to see other members' examples! :)

1793_8r_mexico_01_04_2400.jpg

1795_8r_bolivia_oval_03_2400.jpg

• Like 3

Looking for a Guatemala, Chile and the two Spanish mints.

Not strictly mine, but an octagonal marked Potosi 4R that I sold a few years ago and recently bought back in. Rare coin.

00008691 - Copy.jpg

• Like 1

Wish this is mine. 

It was actually exhibited in the Tower of London

1481240268_1-Copy.JPG.7dce956ba96278608fd0d0297a8c87d6.JPG

• Like 1

This is my only one - not one of the scarcer ones but attractive enough. Pity about someone scratching WW into the obverse.

1781 Oval CM Dollar 1 Red.JPG

1781 Oval CM Dollar 2 Red.JPG

12 hours ago, Paddy said:

This is my only one - not one of the scarcer ones but attractive enough. Pity about someone scratching WW into the obverse.

You could always claim it was William Wyon as a child!

• Haha 1