British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Colin G.

Anyone offer an ID

A detecting find from the end of last year, and a real shot in the dark. I reckon it could be Henry V - Spink 1882 - North 1466, definite Mullet on breast, looks like 4 points in the photos but definitely 5 under the loupe. However what meagre bit of legend exists on the Reverse I cant match up with York 🤷‍♂️

P.S. apologies for the photo quality 😂 I love his coffee bean/hayfever eyes

1DA1425F-EE5B-413F-A4A4-D831A88E3B64.jpg

6F15163B-92D2-4412-8B7A-1012BDFCB620.JPG

IMG_9806.jpg

It is S1882, but Henry VI, not Henry V. Archbishop Kemp at York.

The legend does match EBORACI, in fact you have the full extent of the reading with the letter bases visible. What threw you is the mascle after EBO. It being a pinecone-mascle penny, you get the symbols variously distributed in the legend.

• Like 1

You know when someone points something out and you realise how obvious it is...that just happened!! 🤦‍♂️

Thankyou Rob, that coin has been sat on my side driving me mad

• Like 1