British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
craigy

Stephen Hawkings 50p

The information and design have only been officially released by the Royal Mint today and incredibly, the limited editions of silver, silver piedfort, and the gold versions have already been fully reserved and no longer available!

BU £10 awaiting stock

Silver proof £55 limited edition of 5500 

Silver piedfort £95 limited edition of 2500

Gold£795 limited edition of 400

10 hours ago, Unwilling Numismatist said:

Yes the quick profit is teh silver proof, they go really fast and turn up on ebay in minutes at up to 3x the price

Like all concert tickets then .........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sword said:

that's the amount in that presentation, says 7000 maximum mintage, so not sure where the other 1500 will turn up

Capture.JPG

Edited by craigy

2 minutes ago, craigy said:

that's the amount that presentation, says 7000 maximum mintage so not sure where the other 1500 will turn up

Hopefully not in a three coin set with the Gruffalo and the Snowman. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, azda said:

Just locked in on 3 silver proof and 1 gold

maybe you can lock me in on one of your silver proofs, lol,     😁😁😁😁  what could you want with 3 hahah 

9 hours ago, craigy said:

maybe you can lock me in on one of your silver proofs, lol,     😁😁😁😁  what could you want with 3 hahah 

1 for me and the other 2 for 2 of my friends, that makes 3 😉 The fact i can also drop them into NGC and get a first strike BS designation also helps

• Like 1

do you have to pay extra for the more designations you have on the label ?

27 minutes ago, craigy said:

do you have to pay extra for the more designations you have on the label ?

Yes, it’s all a money making scheme. A first strike or whatever NGC calls it will cost an extra €10 on top of the tier fee price, so for example, modern costs €20 plus an extra €10 for that designation, a fancy label with Big Ben or something is also and extra fiver. It’s a racket

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FROM THE GRAVE SEZ STEPHEN - I WANT MY BLOODY ROYALTIES NOW , NO MORE EXCUSES YOU LOT AT THE MINT

Edited by copper123
  • Haha 1

Speaking of RM and quality. Just got a silver proof Yale through the door and it's going to be heading back out of the door to the dealer, not even going to try and replace it.

Screenshot 2019-03-14 at 09.31.27.png

1 hour ago, azda said:

Speaking of RM and quality. Just got a silver proof Yale through the door and it's going to be heading back out of the door to the dealer, not even going to try and replace it.

is that dust /cotton fibres ? 

29 minutes ago, craigy said:

is that dust /cotton fibres ? 

Yes, minted into the coin

4 hours ago, azda said:

Yes, minted into the coin

oh dear, I havn't brought any proof coins from the mint for a while but some I got back in 2015  had to go back at the time because of a white substance on them and now the replacement's  have the same marks, will have to get pictures, 

There are a few on facebook complain about the gold proofs as they seem to have a residue on them.

1 hour ago, Nonmortuus said:

There are a few on facebook complain about the gold proofs as they seem to have a residue on them.

Mine seems fine.

Yeah, take look on facebook, think there are 3 so far that had white marks on them.

On 3/12/2019 at 9:17 PM, Sword said:

The information and design have only been officially released by the Royal Mint today and incredibly, the limited editions of silver, silver piedfort, and the gold versions have already been fully reserved and no longer available!

BU £10 awaiting stock

Silver piedfort £95 limited edition of 2500

Gold£795 limited edition of 400

Interestingly, Westminster is offering a BU version in non official packaging for £6.98. Hence, the Royal Mint must be offering non-packaged coins to them and not to the public at a much lower price. 

https://www.westminstercollection.com/p-488K/2019-UK-Stephen-Hawking-CERTIFIED-BU-50p.aspx?sn=v

1628564632_ImageGen-Copy.png.5b1a6c927071ea86c409222a0bbb600a.png2125116700_ImageGen(1)-Copy.png.c4ecbdaeba3f7c627babf364da74252d.png

13 hours ago, Sword said:

Interestingly, Westminster is offering a BU version in non official packaging for £6.98. Hence, the Royal Mint must be offering non-packaged coins to them and not to the public at a much lower price. 

https://www.westminstercollection.com/p-488K/2019-UK-Stephen-Hawking-CERTIFIED-BU-50p.aspx?sn=v

1628564632_ImageGen-Copy.png.5b1a6c927071ea86c409222a0bbb600a.png2125116700_ImageGen(1)-Copy.png.c4ecbdaeba3f7c627babf364da74252d.png

or are they busting them out of the annual sets and flogging them ff seperatly 

Edited by craigy

13 hours ago, Sword said:

They've been doing this for ages. The 2019 set of 50p's is only £19.95 with Westminster compared with £45 from the Mint !

On 4/9/2019 at 9:24 AM, craigy said:

or are they busting them out of the annual sets and flogging them ff seperatly 

These aren't in an annual sets, any cash-cow editions are always presented after the annual set has been released, ensuring further revenue for the mint.