British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
azda

Modern Coins

I'm not adverse to picking up something modern, a mint i've been watching is a private mint called Mayer, they are somewhere around me but have always denied being the mint who do these coins. Anyway, i've picked up a couple of silver proofs from their Rwanda Nautical series, i think the design is really stunning from an artistic point of view. 100o mintage for the silver proofs, unlimited in BU and 100 mintage for the gold. They are 2 years into these but have also done a Lunar series starting with the Rooster.

This started of with a 100 mintage and had a mosaic design, and people went crazy for them, then the dealers started catching on and virtually killed it with massive price hikes on their 2nd offering......Anyway, just thought i'd show you a couple from this series and maybe whoever is running the forum now could maybe add a modern pinned tab?

Screenshot 2019-03-01 at 11.39.10.png

Edited by azda
  • Like 1

Screenshot 2019-03-01 at 11.40.27.png

• Like 1

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

• Haha 1

You laugh @Peckris 2 but believe it or not I sold one of thee back to a dealer for €400 profit and sold the slabbed one for $5000 😁

8 hours ago, azda said:

You laugh @Peckris 2 but believe it or not I sold one of thee back to a dealer for €400 profit and sold the slabbed one for $5000 😁

:o

10 hours ago, azda said:

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

Chinese animal years - this one's (2019) the Pig, I understand.

9 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

That is truly scary. :o

It sure is Peck, I could  imagine that’s how a coin would feel when imprisoned inside an NGC slab.💀

• Like 2