British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Nonmortuus

1989 Half and Full Sovereigns

Is anyone aware of any 1989 half and full sovs available apart from on ebay please? I am potentially looking for 1, maybe both examples.

1 hour ago, Nonmortuus said:

Is anyone aware of any 1989 half and full sovs available apart from on ebay please? I am potentially looking for 1, maybe both examples.

Lol........They are increasing in price hard eh....

Just had a look...quite a pretty design, rather surprised.

58 minutes ago, azda said:

Lol........They are increasing in price hard eh....

I haven't really been tracking the price if I am honest but I am looking for an example of each to sit in my collection for a good 20 to 30 years providing I don't get hit by a bus! It does seem the graded ones carry a stupid premium though.

55 minutes ago, Coinery said:

Just had a look...quite a pretty design, rather surprised.

That is the major reason I want one or both. I think they are rather nice to look at regardless of the price fluctuations and I feel it would be a nice addition 😀

1 hour ago, Nonmortuus said:

I haven't really been tracking the price if I am honest but I am looking for an example of each to sit in my collection for a good 20 to 30 years providing I don't get hit by a bus! It does seem the graded ones carry a stupid premium though.

The Sov alone are about £800 in auction, 3 coin set selling around 1500-1700 area, if you are lucky enough to get the Sov graded at a 70 it would virtually pay for all 3 if you sold it 

would be even better if they didnt stick annerversary blah blah on them 

8 minutes ago, craigy said:

would be even better if they didnt stick annerversary blah blah on them 

Surprised they haven’t pimped those yet like they have with the Kew and 2017 Sov 

The 1989 double sovereign is the value proposition for that year if you want the design, rather than the investment.  It seems that most people don't collect the doubles, and the price of a double is often less than the price of the sovereign.

I'd love a 1989 double sovereign, or indeed the quintuple!

3 hours ago, Coinery said:

Superb "old school" design. 

Better than some of the dumbed down modern garbage designed by infantile minds for infantile minds.

• Haha 3

I agree azda. Given the premium difference in slabs between a 69 and a 70 I may just aim for a pre stabbed one.

On 3/28/2019 at 9:42 AM, 1949threepence said:

Superb "old school" design. 

Better than some of the dumbed down modern garbage designed by infantile minds for infantile minds.

Are You infering Jemima puddle duck and paddington bear along with the legendary peter rabbit are designed to attract kids?

• Haha 3

This is similar to the design on the mint-issued silver 1977 Queen's commem medal - very large in format.....

Sign in to follow this