British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
craigy

another loser

1 hour ago, craigy said:

what makes a modern coin collectible ? hype more than anything ? 

Pretty much. 

13 hours ago, craigy said:

can now be picked up for half the original new price,  https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=nations of the crown silver proof piedfort&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

People like Numistacker hyping things on youtube so he can shill and sell for profits. Only certain modern coins do well, no one knows the formula, its just what gains traction. I think buyers are going overboard with the Kew right now, as i've kept saying, its only the circulation coin that's the rarity....The 1989 2002, 2005 and 2017 sovs are a case in point, different REV designs, plus the Sov is a well known and collected coin.

16 hours ago, craigy said:

I think if it's a circulating coin (or at least a circulating denomination) that helps but beyond that I don't know. An initial shortage might push up the price of some things.

2 hours ago, azda said:

People like Numistacker hyping things on youtube so he can shill and sell for profits. Only certain modern coins do well, no one knows the formula, its just what gains traction. I think buyers are going overboard with the Kew right now, as i've kept saying, its only the circulation coin that's the rarity....The 1989 2002, 2005 and 2017 sovs are a case in point, different REV designs, plus the Sov is a well known and collected coin.

Michael Gouby has an AUnc 1981 currency 10p on his list for £100, as he claims it's rarer than the Kew! He won't get it of course, but even so...

2 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

Michael Gouby has an AUnc 1981 currency 10p on his list for £100, as he claims it's rarer than the Kew! He won't get it of course, but even so...

I think paying so much for a small denomination would maybe make sense in 100 years like we do with Victorian coinage and the likes, I think the other problem being is that Queenie has been on the Throne so long. Maybe if she steps aside or drops they might be worth a little something then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, azda said:

I think paying so much for a small denomination would maybe make sense in 100 years like we do with Victorian coinage and the likes, I think the other problem being is that Queenie has been on the Throne so long. Maybe if she steps aside or drops they might be worth a little something then.

Treason ! 

19 minutes ago, Colin88 said:

Treason ! 

Orf with his heid

Dundee Scots...send them to Germany.

• Haha 1

How the heck did IRN BRU and Malt come out of "norf of the border"....same colour I suppose.

18 minutes ago, Peter said:

How the heck did IRN BRU and Malt come out of "norf of the border"....same colour I suppose.

I thought Malt came from Japan? "Distilled on the bonny bonny banks of the Okinawa".

• Like 1

I got mine (Glen Moray) from the Local Store (local people only) and is giving me a shy wink.

13 hours ago, Peter said:

Not quite, one is gold and the other orange and fizzy 😁

We are talking Crunchie or a Jocks hair.:rolleyes: