British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob

DNW auction pics

Does anyone else think the recent changes to the DNW online catalogue viewing has been a retrograde step? You used to be able to click on a full screen link and magnify images such that they literally filled the screen. However, digital 'progress' now means it is blown up within a hopelessly small area covering a fraction of the screen, which makes viewing considerably more difficult.

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

Does anyone else think the recent changes to the DNW online catalogue viewing has been a retrograde step? You used to be able to click on a full screen link and magnify images such that they literally filled the screen. However, digital 'progress' now means it is blown up within a hopelessly small area covering a fraction of the screen, which makes viewing considerably more difficult.

There are now 'expand' arrows in the top right. For me, if I click there, the coin images virtually fill the screen, as before ...

Thanks Paul. I was expecting to see a link, not something I am suppose to intuitively understand. It's better, but on my computer only gives a full screen image, not further magnifiable, unlike previously.

8 hours ago, Rob said:

Thanks Paul. I was expecting to see a link, not something I am suppose to intuitively understand. It's better, but on my computer only gives a full screen image, not further magnifiable, unlike previously.

If, after expanding by clicking the little box with the outward pointing arrows, you want to expand further:-

If using a desktop with a mouse, turn the little wheel at the front of the mouse, forward. That will expand the pic.

Pinch grip expansion doesn't seem to work for these photos on a mobile device, for whatever reason. Not on my tablet or smartphone, any rate.  

The downside is that one is no longer able to download the images, something I am particularly angry at since I use them for my websites. I have raised the issue with DNW and I believe that they are investigating the possibility of changing the process to allow downloads (but they might just be politicians' weasel words).

20 minutes ago, secret santa said:

The downside is that one is no longer able to download the images, something I am particularly angry at since I use them for my websites. I have raised the issue with DNW and I believe that they are investigating the possibility of changing the process to allow downloads (but they might just be politicians' weasel words).

You can always screenshot the image.

This is lot 125 from the current auction:-

lot125a.PNG.2f9b8f6a7354c1cdb5c194775b7be3f2.PNG

(or do the words eggs and Grandmother spring to mind again? :ph34r:)

Edited by 1949threepence

The biggest problem for me is it takes a lot longer to go through all the lots closely and to see them in hand they are only available to view in London.

Although the pictures are really good it was nice to view them with one click with the magnifier 🙂

1 hour ago, secret santa said:

The downside is that one is no longer able to download the images, something I am particularly angry at since I use them for my websites.

You still can, but not easily.  If you use Chrome, you can press F12 to view the page source etc, then find the images for that page, open in new tab, then save.

Here is the same image that Mike posted.

Internet%20Image%201.jpg?max_width=440&m

And here is the link.

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 1949threepence said:

(or do the words eggs and Grandmother spring to mind again? :ph34r:)

Not this time ! I'd considered screen shots but the resolution is not good enough.

11 minutes ago, Nick said:

Now that's what I call high resolution ! I'll try what you suggest.

21 minutes ago, Nick said:

You still can, but not easily.  If you use Chrome, you can press F12 to view the page source etc, then find the images for that page, open in new tab, then save.

Brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, secret santa said:

Not this time ! I'd considered screen shots but the resolution is not good enough.

The resolution is exactly the same - it's digital.

5 hours ago, Nick said:

And here is the link.

Thanks - useful info.

A different one I tried

• Like 1

The 1877 is a really nice one for someone who has not got one and possibly even bertter in hand ☺️

27 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

The 1877 is a really nice one for someone who has not got one and possibly even bertter in hand ☺️

Isn't it just, Pete. Choice item.

Edited by 1949threepence