British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
1949threepence

What are these Spink "timed auctions" when they're at home?

Some can be seen here

Anybody able to explain what they are. According to the dates they seem to go on over 10+ days.  

Thanks in advance :)

Only guessing Mike but looks similar to ebay.

when you click thje link a clock is going down to a finish day at 11.00 AM unless that is when the live bidding starts.

Looks more like ebay though with cheaper items that can be bid on at anytime untill the finish time.

I am probably wrong :D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Only guessing Mike but looks similar to ebay.

when you click thje link a clock is going down to a finish day at 11.00 AM unless that is when the live bidding starts.

Looks more like ebay though with cheaper items that can be bid on at anytime untill the finish time.

I am probably wrong :D

That's sort of what I thought, Pete, but not sure.

I quite like the look of these - they seem to be a cross between Ebay and Colin Cooke's auctions in that bidding is allowed to continue past the deadline although only for 30 seconds per bid. Calls for quick decision-making !

From their T & C: "You are strongly advised to examine the images provided online and if in any doubt ask for condition report that is available on request." So it might not be possible to view any lots in hand. In addition, 20% seller's commission and another 20% buyer's commission look excessive to me for the service offered. Does look like a higher class ebay. 

Thanks Chaps. I'll have to take a punt and find out exactly how it works.