British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
azda

Queens beast mintage figures so far

Standard

Alloy

Theme

Fine Oz / Size

Mintage Limit

Despatched Sales to End March

Bullion

GOLD

Dragon

No Limit

Bullion

GOLD

Dragon

No Limit

Bullion

GOLD

Griffin

No Limit

Bullion

GOLD

Griffin

No Limit

Bullion

GOLD

Lion

No Limit

Bullion

GOLD

Lion

No Limit

Bullion

GOLD

Unicorn

No Limit

Bullion

GOLD

Unicorn

No Limit

Bullion

GOLD

Bull

No Limit

Bullion

GOLD

Bull

No Limit

Bullion

Platinum

Dragon

No Limit

Bullion

Platinum

Griffin

No Limit

Bullion

Platinum

Lion

No Limit

Bullion

SILVER

Dragon

No Limit

Bullion

SILVER

Dragon

No Limit

Bullion

SILVER

Griffin

No Limit

Bullion

SILVER

Griffin

No Limit

Bullion

SILVER

Lion

No Limit

Bullion

SILVER

Lion

No Limit

Bullion

SILVER

Unicorn

No Limit

Bullion

SILVER

Bull

No Limit

• Thanks 1

I like this series rather a lot.  I'm collecting the 1/4 oz and 1 oz in Gold, and I also have a 1 oz Platinum Lion (it being the first 1 oz Platinum UK bullion coin, I believe) but not looking to add any more Platinum Beasts.

Anyone else into these, apart from Azda and me?

A new 2oz Britannia was released yesterday, really not into the design nor the £3750 asking price, but a 100 mintage

Expensive way to buy gold. I can always remember Henry Sandon of Antiques Road Show's view on limited editions  - they invariably fail to keep their value or at best do not perform as the same amount of the issue is always there to satisfy the potential market. A limited edition of 75 may be different but very few people would be willing to cough up over 8000 quid for an oz. of gold.

I have been buying the silver bullion series along with bullion Britannia’s.  They are lovely designs but the realisation in bullion is sadly the smooth shiny finish the mint now favours.  They look spectacular as proofs but I am tired of paying the huge mark-ups expected by the mint.  

• Like 1

All scrap / bullion when you come to resell I'm afraid....RM is really just a marketing company ..you pay for the beautiful boxes and the advertising...with only very few exceptions the resell value is the gold / silver value only regardless of whether they are proof / low mintage/ in a shiny box   

Actually, here in the States, Britannia bullion issue such as the gold or platinum are quite near to bullion value so not much out really.

the same the world over .... 

2 hours ago, Colin88 said:

the same the world over .... 

Not if you buy their new 2oz Brit, 87% over spot 😉

But you will only get scrap silver price when you come to sell it which is the point I was making 

The 1/4oz and 1oz gold Queens's Beasts that I am buying/collecting are not that expensive a way to buy gold.  Buying in the UK while they are on current release, the 1oz coins cost about 5% above spot, delivered.  For example, today the gold price is GBP 1016 per ounce, and you can get a 1oz Falcon Of The Plantagenets coin for GBP 1065 delivered.  That's decent value as far as I'm concerned, given that I like the coins in the first place.

The 1/4oz are of course more expensive, the equivalent Falcon coin would cost GBP 303 delivered on today's price.

Currently, people are paying significantly more than spot price for the earlier 1oz coins in the series - the Lion and the Griffin in particular.  I certainly intend to collect the remaining 4 designs during their release time frame (about 12 months for each coin) and then enjoy them for many years to come.

Yes, my point as well. I get the silver two pounds, the silver 10 oz, the gold one oz. and the platinum 1 oz. Very low premiums when bought on pre-sale, occasionally less than 20 USD per gold or pt. coin....

Given my last purchase was 590, 616 times face value, I suppose there is an argument for buying something only marginally over melt. :blink:

Nice multiple!  I think the most I have managed is 257,280 (67 pounds for a quarter farthing)!

2 hours ago, VickySilver said:

Yes, my point as well. I get the silver two pounds, the silver 10 oz, the gold one oz. and the platinum 1 oz. Very low premiums when bought on pre-sale, occasionally less than 20 USD per gold or pt. coin....

Do silver and platinum attract sales taxes in the US?  Sadly they do if you buy them in the UK (from a UK seller): 20% VAT.  Therefore I have only bought a couple of platinum coins (2018 1 oz Britannia being the other) for interest value rather than investment value - despite thinking that platinum is currently very cheap.  I have a few pure silver bullion coins but again, just for pleasure interest.  The only 10oz one I have is the Royal Mint 2018 Valiant, which is lovely.

Edited by Stuntman

Sales tax is State by State. Virginia has none, Maryland 5%. So I use a Virginia address and don't pay shipping or tax - 2019 Britannia platinum was 872 USD as an example.

• Like 1

Tony do you have an update on mintages, and how did you manage to get these figures? Nice job.