British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Hi I've been metal detecting by an old ruin and I've found a coin or a pendant Don't have a clue what it is. Just wondered if somebody could help me find out what it is. Greek? Roman?  Pictures are too large to upload into here and can't find any other pictures online. if anyone is willing to help me please leave your email and I will send pictures through there as I can't upload them to here. Thanks for your help.

Edited by Josh lister

1 hour ago, Josh lister said:

Hi I've been metal detecting by an old ruin and I've found a coin or a pendant Don't have a clue what it is. Just wondered if somebody could help me find out what it is. Greek? Roman?  Pictures are too large to upload into here and can't find any other pictures online. if anyone is willing to help me please leave your email and I will send pictures through there as I can't upload them to here. Thanks for your help.

You can only upload 500kb per post.

49kb it says when I go to upload  

29 minutes ago, Josh lister said:

49kb it says when I go to upload  

Drag files here to attach, or choose files... 
Max total size 0.49MB 

MB not KB

I've sorted them now had to screenshot the photo which made the photo size smaller 

I can't say I know for sure what this is, but it looks religious - possibly a baptismal token or keepsake. The Sigma letters hint at Greek, but the rest of the letters look more traditional/Roman alphabet. 

Metal looks to be the cheap pewter-like metal used during the 19th and 20th century for low-value medallions and tourist pieces. Just thoughts.

Thanks for your help paddy much apprieacated