British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
mhcoins

SPINK AUCTION - 29/01/19

Did anyone watch or take part in todays auction ? Seemed very poor, very little sold in the first half of the sale 

15 minutes ago, mhcoins said:

Did anyone watch or take part in todays auction ? Seemed very poor, very little sold in the first half of the sale 

Had a look at the catalogue, but saw nothing that interested me personally.

Williams IV was weaker than the other portions of the sales.  Less interest in the specialty collection probably led to less interest in the main auction.

Was outbid on both that I went for, £3k was more than enough for the halfpound, £1.3k fairly reasonable for the Ceolwulf I 1d - less than it sold for last time - (didn't want to go too much over book for such a moderate specimen).  Prices generally weren't quite as high as I would have guessed. 

1 hour ago, pokal02 said:

Was outbid on both that I went for, £3k was more than enough for the halfpound, £1.3k fairly reasonable for the Ceolwulf I 1d - less than it sold for last time - (didn't want to go too much over book for such a moderate specimen).  Prices generally weren't quite as high as I would have guessed

With it being so soon after christmas, it could have been the reason, DNW 20th-21st Feb catalogue is now live, for all the penny boys, i'm sure i saw an 1897 P.ENNY in there

Edited by azda

1 hour ago, pokal02 said:

Was outbid on both that I went for, £3k was more than enough for the halfpound, £1.3k fairly reasonable for the Ceolwulf I 1d - less than it sold for last time - (didn't want to go too much over book for such a moderate specimen).  Prices generally weren't quite as high as I would have guessed. 

Ceolwulf I was reasonable and I regret not bidding on it.  Remarkable provenance.