British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
craigy

massive hoard unearthed

over 2500 coins of harold 2 and william 1 

https://www.facebook.com/treasurehuntingmagazine/photos/pcb.2413052862070454/2413052395403834/?type=3&theater

• Like 1

I don't have a facebook account can you give me some info ? I am looking for on several websites but I haven't found any news about this hoard ..

53 minutes ago, Matteo95 said:

I don't have a facebook account can you give me some info ? I am looking for on several websites but I haven't found any news about this hoard ..

over 2500 coins of harold II and william I 

• Thanks 1

Thanks you!! It's extremely interesting, I hope that as soon as possible it will be published a detailed paper on it .. and why not , maybe it could became an opportunity to add one of these coinse in collection in the future  .... I miss both kings :)

From a trade perspective, hopefully they will keep the collection intact in a museum as it would overhang the market for years unless sold off cheaply. As a collector, there is a good supply of these already, which mostly satisfies the market, so for those who just want an example there is little to be gained from dispersal unless they are quick off the mark to acquire an example of a particular type and mint.

Whereabouts was it found? Looking at the contents in the picture, it was assembled over quite a period of time.

It will be interesting to see how much they are valued as "treasure".

There must be  peeps who have a few of these in their cabinets spitting their coffee out.

All the Harolds.

This issue seemed to be getting "less rare" even without this hoard (yes I know they were never that rare to begin with).

I guess in retrospect it was fortuitous to have not purchased a Harold II penny yet.  Even if this hoard goes to a museum in entirety, the knowledge that there are so many floating around will surely impact the prices.  Well maybe it will.

On 1/30/2019 at 12:03 AM, Rob said:

From a trade perspective, hopefully they will keep the collection intact in a museum as it would overhang the market for years unless sold off cheaply. As a collector, there is a good supply of these already, which mostly satisfies the market, so for those who just want an example there is little to be gained from dispersal unless they are quick off the mark to acquire an example of a particular type and mint.

Whereabouts was it found? Looking at the contents in the picture, it was assembled over quite a period of time.

not sure, i think there is an article in treasure hunting magazine