British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
1949threepence

1913 penny - Freeman 175 & 176

Not easy to get, so if anybody can point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks. 

You might try Croydon Coin Auctions? They do have a reputation for dealing with bronze varieties. Their last sale http://www.croydoncoinauctions.co.uk/Catalogue/00_CURRENTCAT.pdf didn't feature either (only F177)  but if you look back at previous sales maybe you'll see if they have sold them before? Unfortunately they don't have a search facility for auctions which would be a real boon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

You might try Croydon Coin Auctions? They do have a reputation for dealing with bronze varieties. Their last sale http://www.croydoncoinauctions.co.uk/Catalogue/00_CURRENTCAT.pdf didn't feature either (only F177)  but if you look back at previous sales maybe you'll see if they have sold them before? Unfortunately they don't have a search facility for auctions which would be a real boon.

Thanks Chris. They're not easy to find. However, I've made a note in my calendar to check the next CCA on 15th April. I see the next auction is 26th April. 

Looking at LCA, they've only had two decent 175 specimens in 14 years (one in 2016 and one in 2017), although a few more 176's. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this