British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Gaz T

25 years ago i found this coin and it still hurts looking at it.

I think this coin must have been almost uncirculated when dropped. Over the years of being in the ground it had taken its toll, maybe if found it the year before it would have been perfect.

It still gave me a massive buzz finding it so it still gets a place with my best finds.

g 1v sov ob.JPG

g 1v sov rev.JPG

• Like 5

Wow! Was that a surface find or a metal detector find? Why sad, as it seems better to have it than not?

41 minutes ago, VickySilver said:

Wow! Was that a surface find or a metal detector find? Why sad, as it seems better to have it than not?

Hi, it was a detector find. Yeah much better to have it, but such a shame about the damage. I guess its not done too bad saying it was rolling around in a plough field for many years.

I bet whoever lost it was cursing at the time.......Nice find :)

1 minute ago, 1949threepence said:

I bet whoever lost it was cursing at the time.......Nice find :)

I'd hate to hear what the people said when they lost a hoard 😂 Orffff with his head..................

I bet a few people over the years have lost their heads due to losses. Maybe not so bad with a sovereign loss. Well i hope not !!😨

Bet the person who lost it was really gutted - must have been a couple of weeks wages back then