British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

VickySilver

BSJ Auction - Is Anybody Else Having Difficulty With Approval to Bid?

I only am interested in one lot but can not get on, anyone else with similar difficulty or am I the only unloved one?

56 minutes ago, VickySilver said:

I only am interested in one lot but can not get on, anyone else with similar difficulty or am I the only unloved one?

Haven't bothered as i'm not bidding, sorry for the unhelpful answer

Well, was a bit surprised at the failure but had a friend to bid for me and gotten for less than estimate (by quite a bit).

There were a lot of problems at the beginning trying to register etc which I'm not convinced have been ironed out properly, as I usually have to make a phone call to find out if the registration has worked.

As for the lot won, you were lucky. Last auction in London I wanted to buy a piece and was willing to go to about 1K all in. Bidding opened asking for 600 so I bid, but there was no reply bid at a higher level, just a comment that 600 wasn't enough because they were looking for 700, so the lot was passed as I couldn't increase my bid due to the fact I was highest bidder. Not to worry as no coin is a must have at any price, my life won't end if I don't get it and there are many ways to spend the funds available - which I did the following day. But it p's you off at the time.

CNG didn't cover themselves in glory last week either.

BSJ auctions need to sort their website and process out - it's tortuous and completely non-intuitive logging in, getting to the lots etc etc.

Its a bit of a mess and as Secret Santa says, it completely non-intuitive....I thought it was just me ! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, secret santa said:

BSJ auctions need to sort their website and process out - it's tortuous and completely non-intuitive logging in, getting to the lots etc etc.

Note to self: Avoid BSJ auctions at all costs, in order to preserve sanity. 

• Like 1

They did not respond to multiple attempts to contact them via different media. I would have bid on other lots as well.

Also was not even able to watch the bidding.

glad i didn't have any lots selling through this round, can all agree still better than LCA ☺️

did you try https://bsjauctions.auctionmobility.com/

I found this worked for me . It's a bit late now I am afraid.  Half the problem was knowing if I was registered but a phone call soon confirmed. I was very happy with the coin I got and even happier that BSJ are bringing it back to the UK for posting here.

26 minutes ago, rpeddie said:

glad i didn't have any lots selling through this round, can all agree still better than LCA ☺️

No, I prefer LCA. Whilst they too are far from perfect, at least their coins are set out in a logically sequential and chronological order. BSJ are a mixed up hotch potch,  often with the same coin appearing on successive pages. Dreadful.  

Ill try 87's trick next time and a few days ahead of time!

The address https://bsjauctions.com/ (which I'd expect to take me to their auction site) takes you to a website with 6 major options and no log-in capability.

The "Auctions"  tab only provides a link to their archive, and NOT to their current auctions.

If you click on "Bid Live", takes you to a page which says :

Please click the button below to be redirected to our live bidding platform with Auction Mobility.

Please note this will require a new registration with Auction Mobility, if you have not done so already.

Clicking the button takes you to the https://bsjauctions.auctionmobility.com/ site, as 1887jubilee suggests above. This is a site that my own PC really has trouble loading (probably due to my lousy broadband service)

You can then register or log onto the site and the "Auctions" tab will take you to forthcoming auctions or past auctions where you can access the lots via the "xxx lots" button. 

I believe that you also have to register to bid for every auction which is time-consuming, involving them emailing you back to confirm acceptance for bidding.

As I said above, all very non-intuitive, unbelievably long-winded and in dire need of SORTING OUT.

I think it would be a good exercise to ask @NRP about how he can make this a lot easier for buyers and make him aware of the problems people have in the ability to bid.

One thing i like about DNW is that you're always a bidder through your registration on their site and don't need to keep registering for every upcoming auction.

I wasn't aware of the difficulties, I was at the sale but still did my bids online - I don't want people to see which items i am bidding on. I have downloaded the app on my phone and works really well with no registration issues, was registered within a few minutes. I realise that many people won't have the app so believe me I will get the auction team to look into this as I can see there are still clearly quite a few issues. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NRP said:

I wasn't aware of the difficulties, I was at the sale but still did my bids online - I don't want people to see which items i am bidding on. I have downloaded the app on my phone and works really well with no registration issues, was registered within a few minutes. I realise that many people won't have the app so believe me I will get the auction team to look into this as I can see there are still clearly quite a few issues. 

Will you be at the Munich fair this year Neil? I didn't realise there was an app either, do you have a link?

Edited by azda

Yes I will be there in March, are you going? I don't have a link because I did it on my I phone but if you search "BSJ Auctions" in any app store it will come up. The app works really well - I will still look into the other issues.

1 hour ago, NRP said:

Yes I will be there in March, are you going? I don't have a link because I did it on my I phone but if you search "BSJ Auctions" in any app store it will come up. The app works really well - I will still look into the other issues.

Yes i'll be popping in, probably on the Saturday, i''ll bring a couple of Edelstoff with me lol 😁 I'll check out the App store......Thanks

• Like 1

I have the app and still was not able to get on, but did on the previous auction!

5 hours ago, secret santa said:

The app won't load on my PC

Nor on mine. When I try I'm only given the option of loading onto my tablet. There is a drop down marker but there is nothing on it, bar the option to choose my tablet.

I'd prefer to use my PC for auctions, not a tablet or smartphone which aren't as stable at critical moments.   

ETA: here's what I get on my PC when clicking the drop down button:-

BALDWINS.PNG

Edited by 1949threepence

Yup, Baldwins are doing themselves no favours, especially as we raised many of these issues a year ago and nothing has changed.

27 minutes ago, secret santa said:

Yup, Baldwins are doing themselves no favours, especially as we raised many of these issues a year ago and nothing has changed.

Very true.

Hi all, Courtney from BSJ auction team here. Myself and Sam take care of the auction registrations and approvals, so are always interested to hear your feedback.

We always advise to sign up for bidding 24 hours before the auction, giving us time to process the request and for you to call us if necessary. Unfortunately, you will need to register and be approved for each of our auctions, this is a security measure for us to monitor who will be bidding in our auction.

On our website, if you click Bid Live this will take you over to our bidding platform. The Auctions button will display any current auctions, and all past auctions. With the app, it won’t work on your PC, app’s are only useable on phones and tablets. You would have to visit our website to bid on a desktop computer.

Any questions or feedback, please do let us know and we can look into it!   

• Like 1