British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

azda

Your grading opinions 1701 Halfcrown

, Ok, just picked it up. AU details, cleaned

That’s a blow, is the “details” statement  justified in the hand? If not, break it out! I would not want a handsome coin condemned in print by somebody else’s opinion!  And paying for the privilege!  One more reason I would not use TPG’s.

Jerry

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jelida said:

That’s a blow, is the “details” statement  justified in the hand? If not, break it out! I would not want a handsome coin condemned in print by somebody else’s opinion!  And paying for the privilege!  One more reason I would not use TPG’s.

Jerry

Personally i don't think so, i can't see signs of cleaning, no lines, evenly toned etc etc etc. I did however get an MS62 on my 1918 India Sovereign

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nonmortuus said:

I'm surprised it came back as cleaned @azda

Yeah I was surprised also. Still looking at it to try and see what they saw.

Perhaps they thought it may have been artificially toned  ? 

16 minutes ago, mhcoins said:

Perhaps they thought it may have been artificially toned  ? 

No, I think they state on the holders for that, the tone seems even enough around the coin.

Edited by azda

I wasnt sure whether they did as i know someone who sent a crown to PCGS recently that he retoned artifically and it came back as AU details cleaned

55 minutes ago, mhcoins said:

I wasnt sure whether they did as i know someone who sent a crown to PCGS recently that he retoned artifically and it came back as AU details cleaned

Interesting, i think the bar code gives some details of problems. Will try and find out