British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Benny who

George III Crown Collection

I have decided to sell my G III Crown collection,the lists are as follows;-

http://coins.ha.com/c/search.zx?type=friend-consignorlive-notice&saleNo=3072&collection=208&FC=0

http://coins.ha.com/c/search.zx?type=friend-consignorlive-notice&saleNo=3071&collection=209&FC=0  

These have taken me about ten years to put together,so would make a good starting point for anyone trying to do the same,or as a reference for anyone.  

I hope it is Ok to put them on here,as one final place that they will be all together,bit of a bitter sweet pill to swallow.

Most of these have been upgrades to the best examples that I could find,and don't included the description of the edge varieties found.Truth be told the 1820 over 1819's aren't there as these are probably the most common type and have their own group that could be collected.

Some beautiful examples there. And some healthy bids in already I'm glad to see.

Beautiful examples indeed.  Good luck with the sale, and I hope you have been able to retain at least one, hopefully your favourite, just as a thing of beauty and happy memories.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

Some beautiful examples there. And some healthy bids in already I'm glad to see.

Thanks Peckris really loved collecting these,became quite a big part of my collecting experience over the last few years,they are still my go to coins at any Auction.I wanted to try Heritage,the only thing that I would say is that you really have to have them Graded which then comes out of your final figure.  

1 hour ago, Stuntman said:

Beautiful examples indeed.  Good luck with the sale, and I hope you have been able to retain at least one, hopefully your favourite, just as a thing of beauty and happy memories.

I decided to sell them all,which I hope will force me to take a different collecting avenue possibly  George IIII or William IIII,

If I had have kept a few it would have been the four Van Roekels especially lot 30601 the colour on that coin is beautiful,and the reverse is probably the nicest I have seen,but then I would be a bit  Biased  

I never thought that this would be as hard as it is,to watch years of your life, your hobby being judged by the masses.To take an exiguous glance at something,and define it as not worthy, (hmm a proper grade)NGC have taken,one of the hardest to find Crowns and knifed the blighter,Lot 36622 is an S over T sitting at $170,surely  when it comes to rarity,the same laws to collecting don't apply.I can understand the grade,but see past the PLASTIC!(this is geared at auctions houses and not the nobility who frequent the hallowed pages that are Predecimal).

Similar is that of lot 36617 sure the mere whisper of a cloth may have touched the surface,however these Crowns are of a mottled appearance (lot 36614 is of the same ilk)cleaning would have killed this.They all have a ten degree rotation,however best way to tell is the small tall above on the Q and the why the P punched. 

Dear God (or affiliated  deity)please forgive me this transgression,for orphaning out my chums,my compadres,my commerades,as I sit a quivering foetal mess in the the corner of our room we called home,I loved you all NO MORE OR LESS.......Go free my babies!!!!       

• Like 1

Yes, I can only imagine your position and have wondered what it will be like when the day comes. I wish you the best of fortune in selling these...