British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Bernie

Royal Mint 2019 coin sets

I thought that next years coin sets were usually advertised by the Royal Mint in December. No sign of them yet. Does anyone know when they will be available please ?

2 hours ago, Bernie said:

I thought that next years coin sets were usually advertised by the Royal Mint in December. No sign of them yet. Does anyone know when they will be available please ?

Although not on the RM site, it does appear they will be available from early January - link   

Brexit coin that sez nothing , at least Mrs brown would have been honest and put "That's nice" on it .

Perhaps a single finger would have been better

brexit.jpg

middle.png

On 29 December 2018 at 8:25 PM, copper123 said:

Perhaps a single finger would have been better

Or perhaps "50P MEANS 50P"

Oh wait, "50P MEANS 23P"

Oh wait, "50P MEANS A BOILED SWEET"

• Haha 2

Oh, the RM has a lovely offering, including a copper nickel uncirculated 2019 50p AND (how generous of them!) a VF quality 1969 50p! All at the bargain price of L45.

Yikes, sign me off (not on) for this special offering....

Edited by VickySilver
  • Haha 1

and the 2019 like the last few annual sets will not include all the released 2019 coins 

21 minutes ago, craigy said:

and the 2019 like the last few annual sets will not include all the released 2019 coins 

That is starting to get on my funbags a bit, perhaps it should be renamed

Some of the 2019 United Kingdom Annual Brilliant Uncirculated Coins Set

I bought one anyway, as it provides nearly all the coins for the year.....

Just Brexit*, 9 Beatrix potter coins, 26 more alphabet coins, about 16 more undisclosed £5 coins, 8 more £2 coins, a Captain cook* and god only knows what else the moeny machine will create this year.

* coins with a star are known to be coming.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Unwilling Numismatist said:

That is starting to get on my funbags a bit, perhaps it should be renamed

Some of the 2019 United Kingdom Annual Brilliant Uncirculated Coins Set

I bought one anyway, as it provides nearly all the coins for the year.....

Just Brexit*, 9 Beatrix potter coins, 26 more alphabet coins, about 16 more undisclosed £5 coins, 8 more £2 coins, a Captain cook* and god only knows what else the moeny machine will create this year.

* coins with a star are known to be coming.

the royal mint have stated the annual sets are a representation of the best coins for that year 

36 minutes ago, craigy said:

the royal mint have stated the annual sets are a representation of the best coins for that year 

Indeed, but does that mean that last year the 4 RAF £2 coins were not the best, along with a Snowman, 2 Paddingtons and 4 Beatrix potters, a Captain Cook, a sixpence and a nutcracker £5.... all of which seemed remarkably popular.

It does seem fitting when considering the Megan and Harry £5 though - although I dislike nearly all modern "crown" coins.

Benedito Pistrucci must be rotating at high speed in his grave by now.

Edited by Unwilling Numismatist

7 hours ago, craigy said:

So they now freely admit a lot of their output is shite?

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Unwilling Numismatist said:

Indeed, but does that mean that last year the 4 RAF £2 coins were not the best, along with a Snowman, 2 Paddingtons and 4 Beatrix potters, a Captain Cook, a sixpence and a nutcracker £5.... all of which seemed remarkably popular.

It does seem fitting when considering the Megan and Harry £5 though - although I dislike nearly all modern "crown" coins.

Benedito Pistrucci must be rotating at high speed in his grave by now.

i love the sapphire anniversary coin but dislike the way they write anniversary of blah blah on the coins now 

Post decimal coins are going to be an OCD nightmare for collectors in future generations... tourettes will ID numismatists.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, craigy said:

dislike the way they write anniversary of blah blah on the coins now 

They have to, you'd never keep track otherwise.

Commemorative Crowns used to be 1 per coronation, it was easy to figure  out with a date and a portrait. Now it's anyone's guess which of the 5 random things it relates to per month.