British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Richard2

On the way back to the car

Couple of hours out detecting this morning until it started to rain really heavy, on the way back to the car a quiet signal had me digging my last hole. Out pops a little hammered covered in sticky mud. Thought I should just put it in my tin and wait till I’m home to see who it was.

Henry IV halfpenny I’m pretty sure, withers type 4. Can anyone confirm, many thanks

4C23A9D4-6DF5-40C5-99CC-1164FDEFE1B7.jpeg

0C26E1FF-6952-4BD2-891E-A6BB3BCF616F.jpeg

• Like 4

Sorry to disappoint but the coin has im cross 3a that puts it firmly in Henry VI reign, first impressions are that it is rosette-mascle issue London

Thanks Dave, I was going on the fact that it ends ANGLIE , I can clearly see the E. Withers only shows Henry IV types 3a and 4 ending so . All Henry vi halfpennys in withers end ANGL.. What do you think?