British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

secret santa

Windows Photo Gallery no longer supported

I am currently going through the traumatic process of upgrading my desktop PC and have found that Windows Photo Gallery is no longer available. I have previously used that to open photographs, rotate them, crop them etc - can anyone suggest a suitable alternative please ?

3 hours ago, secret santa said:

I think I've answered my own question - Windows Photos seems to do the job.

I get irritated every time I have to learn how to use a new app when the one I am used to became unavailable following an upgrade. 

I think I can edit photos faster with the old Windows Photo Gallery. This is a consideration when I have several hundreds to do after a holiday. But I have got used to Windows Photos now and it does have some advantages. E.g., you can rotate an image by any angle and you can only "straighten" up your photo previously. 

I have used Paint but found that it's cloning function is not easy to use when cloning a larger area. 

I wish Windows Photos had a "resize" function, that would complete it for me as a "simple" app. For anything more I use lightroom.

Photoscape has resize and batch editing. Free too.

3 hours ago, bagerap said:

Photoscape has resize and batch editing. Free too.

I agree I use this as well. Also, use PhotoShop and Lightroom.

I would have recommended Picasa, but even that's gone the way of all flesh. :(