British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Ebay Feedback

*sigh*... maybe they read this forum :) Perhaps more of us should complain to ebay about it.

At least, it must cost them a small fortune in ebay fees each time they list it with a high reserve.

Maybe a more positive approach would be to have a "white" list of ebayers we have had good experiences with...

I agree to this idea what do you think chris

I think the majority or eBayers are generally mean well, so why waste reams of space telling people how good everyone is. The bad apples should be pointed out, but in a sensible non slanderous manner.

Would you mind me setting up an ebay reccomended sellers thread in this section Chris I have 1 or 2 names

cdsteve is selling reproductions but he does state this, i doubt he sells any of the one he lists checking his feedback.

Also the job lots he sells of tat are cheap ie 2.99,3.99 ect for 50 low grade coins.i realy cant see a problem with that, you get what you pay for.

I havent dealt with him just saying as i see it.

putting your items for sale in the best light possible is a tricky thing, obviously you want to potrait your items in the best way, but its when you tip over the edge from flowery wording to downright lies that the problems begin.

Ive sold a few items before where i might have been over optomistic on the grade, but do show a unaltered clear photo.This mainly down to inexpeirience of the grade the type of coin deserved. I now let the customer deciede the grade for themselves often this can pay off as often the customer will grade it higher than i do.

I'm back from the Excited States of America! Sorry! but that is what it's being called by a lot of "winter Texans" as long time holiday makers are called. (or 'Snow Birds' as the yanks call them)

Anyway, to business!

Shouldn't this thread be 'open' and not just in the member's forum? It would probably do more good there!?! :D

Good thinking Batman, I'll move it.

If you can try and pay by paypal. I got ripped of for £254 for one coin and paypal after investigations refunded my money. A couple of weeks ago paid for a £92 for a coin and which never came and good old paypal refunded again. You need to supply them with emails etc, but they have't argued so far when I have been ripped off