British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
pokal02

Edward IV 2nd reign groat York + 1646 Oxford groat

Hi all,

Having given up on getting an Ashby groat, I'm down to two to complete 'one of each reign, mint & date' - but perhaps not the two I would have expected. 

Edward IV 2nd reign groat of York mint - fairly inexpensive per ESC but I've only ever seen one (in the Motcomb sale - I was the underbidder) - I know they weren't minted for very long.  

Oxford mint 1646 - again not dreadfully expensive but seems difficult - I think there was one in the Brady sale.  

If anyone can help, I'd be most grateful (ideally somewhere between F & VF - small scratches or very minor edge loss considered, but not holes or bent/badly creased coins).      

No spares, but I can have a look at the Midland in 10 days time if you aren't going.

I won't be there so would be grateful if you could have a look, many thanks Rob

Got the 1646 Oxford groat at DNW today (a considerably worse coin than I'd have liked, but I'm at the 'beggars can't be choosers' stage now).  Still on the lookout for the Edward IV...    

..and now the Edw IV at DNW on 3/7/19.  Not much to get for either groats or crowns now (excluding 5-figure or 'will never turn up'), although I'd like one of the 1634 pattern groats - they used to turn up regularly but haven't seen one for a few years now.  

Sign in to follow this