British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

azda

So, Brexit....What's happening?

Incidentally, this graph showing the fall off in cases among the older age groups after vaccination is hard evidence that the vaccine is working:-

Israel vaccinations.jpg

• Like 1

That last one's particularly interesting Mike, hadn't seen that information before.

Think I would rather be in Australia or new Zealand at the moment though, also weather been bl___dy awful here today in sunny Bournemouth.....only managed to get to post box round the corner!

3 minutes ago, alfnail said:

That last one's particularly interesting Mike, hadn't seen that information before.

Think I would rather be in Australia or new Zealand at the moment though, also weather been bl___dy awful here today in sunny Bournemouth.....only managed to get to post box round the corner!

I found it very interesting as well, Ian. The fall seems to be from about day 13 after the jab, onwards. In the article they expected it to continue falling as immunity builds further. Of course the other good news is that they can tweak the vaccines to fit the new variants. Moreover, the existing vaccines will still prevent severe disease even if they don't stop everybody from catching it.

Yes, I'd much rather be in Australia - their high Summer - than here during this most dark, wet and depressing Winter. Later next week, according to the forecast, we might also enter a spell of severely cold weather, with persistent frost - deep joy. Although we will soon begin to see the effects of increasing day length, especially towards the end of next month, and you might not see the worst of the cold, being on the sheltered South coast.        

12 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Hmmm, yeah. 

I think the EU are panicking big time because they full well know we have raced way way ahead of them in vaccine rollout, and it really doesn't look good for their image. They fully expected the UK to fall flat on its face after we left, and that hasn't happened.

I'm so glad we decided to go it alone on the vaccine procurement. If we'd gone along with the EU, we'd be in the same position as them, cancelling appointments because of vaccine non availability.

From the link above (wonder why Russia is so low in rollout considering they've got their own - Sputnik V.

Had we gone along as part of their procurement process, it could have been worse. We would have been signed up to receive things eventually, but presumably after their markets had been satisfied based on yesterday's behaviour given we were no longer part of the EU and they are only concerned with their citizens. It's one thing to drive down the price paid, but as always, it's a case of priorities. The Commission's priorities are due process rather than reacting to the urgency of the situation.

I think the UK did the procurement bit right in this instance. I know there are people complaining about PPE etc, but when it all settles down I don't think we will be the only people to have wasted money. This acrimony-fest is evidence, if it were ever needed, that the only way to be secure is to have home based sources of anything and everything you need or can do. Make sure you support your indigenous industries rather than rely on foreign powers that haven't the slightest interest in your economic well-being. Particularly not buying something from places like China just because it costs 50p or a quid.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Yes, I'd much rather be in Australia - their high Summer - than here during this most dark, wet and depressing Winter. Later next week, according to the forecast, we might also enter a spell of severely cold weather, with persistent frost - deep joy. Although we will soon begin to see the effects of increasing day length, especially towards the end of next month, and you might not see the worst of the cold, being on the sheltered South coast.        

I was also thinking from the lack of virus perspective Mike........may also be able to watch some live cricket without the fake crowd cheering!!

• Like 1

I've got my vaccine appointment next Tuesday!

• Like 2