British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Pavel

Who was the designer of the Public Libraries Act 50p?

Good day all.

I am now editing the UK / decimal part of my coin reference site and have reached the 2000 Public Libraries 50p; it's listed as having been designed by Mary Milner Dickens (that's what the Royal Mint site says). But, there seems to be a signature between the two right-most columns which is nothing like her signature on the EU 50p?

Would any of you have some insight on this?

Coins of England & the UK lists the reverse design as Mary Milner Dickens also.

I suspect it is what Mary uses as a monogram for her work, it is also present on the Suffragette 50p, whereas her older work had the initials MMD.

• Like 1