British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Chingford

Third party Auction bidding Sites

Just received an Email from Fellows regarding increases in charges relating to some of the sites regularly used as alternative platforms to place bids at some Auctions.

Fellows was the first Auction House in the UK to hold an online auction, since this point we have tracked the developments in technology and software across all the available bidding platforms to ensure that our bidders have the best possible options available to them when bidding on our sales.

You may have read that one of the bidding platforms we use to run our sales, the-saleroom.com, will be increasing the fee it charges online bidders from 3% to 4.95% (5.94% including VAT) from 1st November 2018. We recognise that many customers use this bidding platform and wanted to make them aware of the increase as well as the other options we provide for online bidding:
  • Bidding live via www.fellows.co.uk is staying at 3% (3.6% including VAT), this uses the-saleroom technology but is accessed via our website and you only have to register once with Fellows
  • Bidding live via www.liveauctioneers.com is staying at 5% (6% including VAT)
  • Bidding live via www.easyliveauction.com where you can bid for a flat fee of £3
  • Bidding with us direct by a telephone bid or leaving a fixed commission bid, both of these are at no extra charge

Although the above relates to Fellows but I would be sure that similar applies to other Auction Houses that use these platforms.

• Like 2

Very useful - thank you for posting that. I do quite a lot of online bidding and have tended to settle on Easylive as giving the best value when commission bidding is not viable. Your post confirms that.

I am also a bit fed up with Saleroom.com - I have clearly registered that I am only interested in coins but get a constant stream of emails for everything else they sell.