British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Coys55

Spot the Rhuddlan

no go on which one

Am struggling too. I thought at first glance it was 4 down on the right but on closer inspection i can see thats RAUL and not RVLA. 

22 minutes ago, Ukstu said:

Am struggling too. I thought at first glance it was 4 down on the right but on closer inspection i can see thats RAUL and not RVLA. 

thats what i thought at first glance,  

Well when I started this thread I thought it was the quarter (+hAL on the reverse), but on reflection and on a bigger screen I now think it's probably an early RAVL (+RAV).

Sorry about that. I am usually much better at spotting Rhuddlans in these random batches; I have 18 in my collection, very few of which were identified as such by the seller.

• Like 2

i got a cut half i found year before last, was very happy as i have now had a hammered from every country in the uk from one field, 

12605402_10153205555436020_3604849008810922889_o.jpg

12628596_10153205555421020_2967973228422980761_o.jpg

• Like 1

They certainly got around.

My attempt at an ID: Class iie Simond, dies 2540 from Brand.

28 minutes ago, Coys55 said:

They certainly got around.

My attempt at an ID: Class iie Simond, dies 2540 from Brand.

yeah, had some lovely cut halfs from the field and always thought any full ones would be nice, but the reality wasnt so  lol