Jump to content
British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

   Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
copper123

Anyone go to coinex ?

Recommended Posts

Got only one coin  very pleased with it - interesting new location with a great view over the thames .

Lots of dealers from abroad who you normally never see and some lovely eye candy on many stalls

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, copper123 said:

Lots of dealers from abroad who you normally never see and some lovely eye candy on many stalls

Any coins? :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went Saturday - never as good as the first day of course. The number of times I heard "that went yesterday" when enquiring about a coin.....I lost count! Still, I did pick up a nice one so not a wasted trip.

As for the eye candy.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By eye candy I mean the Elizabethan and Mary gold and the many superb  other coins of the stuarts and the commonwealth.

It was not the sole reason for going, the afternoon was spent at kensington palace (was a bit dissapointed) and a lovely walk in hyde park (Superb)

My first choice was buckingham palace but I wrote to prince philip asking if he would invite me for tea and never got an answer

Edited by copper123
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2018 at 7:58 PM, copper123 said:

By eye candy I mean the Elizabethan and Mary gold and the many superb  other coins of the stuarts and the commonwealth.

It was not the sole reason for going, the afternoon was spent at kensington palace (was a bit dissapointed) and a lovely walk in hyde park (Superb)

My first choice was buckingham palace but I wrote to prince philip asking if he would invite me for tea and never got an answer

And he's normally such a pleasant and polite old gent. Always ready with a kindly, helpful remark. Ready to accommodate anyone. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

And he's normally such a pleasant and polite old gent. Always ready with a kindly, helpful remark. Ready to accommodate anyone. 

Esp females that might be considered "eye candy"

And not me

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That picture epitomises the age-old maxim: "buy sheep, sell deer...' 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2018 at 12:45 PM, 1949threepence said:

And he's normally such a pleasant and polite old gent. Always ready with a kindly, helpful remark. Ready to accommodate anyone. 

He will not manage to take me for a spin in his car

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×