British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
blakeyboy

The Yeti - does it exist?

2 hours ago, Michael-Roo said:

Not fair!

We were asked to scrutinise the ad circled.

Surely, going on what we were given, my Texas observation and Youtube findings win the coconut.

I saw one the other day in in an 1806 penny ...but then again I am mad as a hatter 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Unwilling Numismatist said:

Is the correct answer!

No, I said:

The area code was the thing that struck me almost instantly, I didn't even bother trying the domain name (although for comedy gold perhaps I should have purchased it and directed it right back to predecimal.com for 24 hours lol).

Maybe , but non-Americans wouldn't have a CLUE about that, so I echo Michael's remark about "not fair".

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Unwilling Numismatist said:

Although it's a totally fake ad.

Lets see who else can figure out why.

It is so obviously a fake ad. Nobody is ever seriously going to put out an ad like that if they really are looking for volunteers. 

back to the original question - saw him last year up in Scotland. Friendly chap.

bigfoot in scotland.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

Maybe , but non-Americans wouldn't have a CLUE about that, so I echo Michael's remark about "not fair".

How very dare you!

I am 100% NOT american. Partially Scottish, Irish and English with absolutely no American at all ;)

Edited by Unwilling Numismatist

This non American also knew about the 555 code

32 minutes ago, Unwilling Numismatist said:

How very dare you!

I am 100% NOT american. Partially Scottish, Irish and English with absolutely no American at all ;)

Well, I've been watching American TV since Alias Smith & Jones and Kojak in the early 70s, and I can assure you that in all that time I never ever knew that 555 was a fictional phone exchange! (Happy Days, Cagney & Lacey, Murder She Wrote, The Rockford Files, Friends, Taxi, Cheers, Frasier... and all the Star Treks - oh wait... :lol: )

• Haha 1

The yeti DOES exist unlike ewoks and chewbacca who are both just made up animals in films

45 minutes ago, copper123 said:

The yeti DOES exist 

Made by Skoda

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If only I"d thought things through when I did the O. P. - it's all out of control...

😉

All this talk of varieties reminds me of a recent conversation with the wife of my work-colleague, who lives round the corner.  One night she came round to my house and invited me out for a drink in the local pub.  Her husband was out of town and I assumed she just wanted a bit of a chat.

During our first drink, she was telling me about a small raised ‘dot’ that she thought I might like to investigate, and kept mentioning the letter G.  Given the conversation, I naturally assumed that she must be talking about a Farthing, and it must be some sort of ‘G spot’ variety.   I hadn’t realised that she was a fellow numismatist, but she reminded me that she also had a couple of delightfully toned thruppeny bits.

She assured me that that her G spot variety was very pleasing for the grade and told me that she was currently keeping it in a tight pocket near the top of her thighs. She also said that the variety was best viewed after a light rub.  Now I know the forum’s views on cleaning coins, but she said that it had seen plenty of circulation and further rubbing would, if anything, enhance the eye appeal.

We agreed to adjourn to my place for a close visual inspection of the variety, and she suggested low light and closed conditions.  I carefully opened the tight pocket and, following clear instructions, proceeded to administer the light rubbing.  I found this was best done in a gentle circular motion, followed by more vigorous strokes (clear guidance from her did help). 

I tried to take some photographs of the variety to post on the forum, but despite a great deal of digital manipulation, they all seem to have come out a bit blurry and damp.  Not worth sharing…

And so, while she is adamant (indeed very vocal) that the variety exists, I am unable to confirm it, as it was impossible to remove the G spot from its snug pocket.  Perhaps it’s a bit like Schrodinger’s cat (or perhaps more aptly, Schrodinger’s pussy).   In any event, she says that she has another couple of specimens that she will hold in the same pocket, and will let me know when her husband is next out of town, as that seems to be the best time for her to squeeze me in.

I told her that I was nothing if not a keen and thorough researcher, and would therefore be delighted to probe further.  Just doing my predecimal duty…

😉😋

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

"Regular member" LOL

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2018 at 12:01 PM, Unwilling Numismatist said:

How very dare you!

You're more American than you think with all those nationalities in you, hopefully you don't think you're related to Robert the Bruce or William Wallace 

• Confused 1

With the amount of Fosters I drink, I'm definitely more Australian than that :)

Edited by Unwilling Numismatist

14 minutes ago, Unwilling Numismatist said:

With the amount of Fosters I drink, I'm definitely more Australian than that :)

Ermmmm that would make you more Mancunian as its produced by Heineken at the royal brewery in Manchester lol , Fosters is a brand, not an Aussie beer

Edited by azda

fosters = Rat piss

2 minutes ago, copper123 said:

fosters = Rat piss

Lol

Tastes as bad here as it does there or anywhere else.

I can however recommend the Coopers if you are in Adelaide.