British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Bronze & Copper Collector

1965 lead impression half penny reverse

Does anyone have any information on a uniface lead impression of the reverse of a 1965 half penny.

It was part of lot 511 in DNW sale 78 of June 9, 2008...

Thank you..

1965 lead impression reverse DNW sale 78 2008--June-19  Lot 511.JPG

Edited by Bronze & Copper Collector
  • Like 1

Wow, I would think not other than maybe it's whereabouts. That would have been a coin of interest to me at the time but missed it. This is from the era of much mint play/sport and there are quite a few examples of shoddy quality control. I have a brass and also copper nickel pennies of 1965, 66, 67 and the trial nickel halfpenny of 1970 but no lead pieces. Not quite sure of the anticipated function of a lead piece, but interesting. Is this your coin?

Yes, it's my coin. ...

Puchased it for my penny and halfpenny collection. ...

Am open to trades if it can fill a gap in my collection. ....