British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

pies

Beatrix Potter

Hi all i've been asked at work what a50p Beatrix Potter coins worth as they are on ebay for £1k plus. But as far as i can see they have not  actually sold any, so whats the reasoning for these coins being rare and valuable

As always when checking prices on Ebay, click on the "Sold Listings" button down the left hand side and you will see what they are actually going for.

The circulation ones are going at markets for around £2 each except Jemima Puddleduck, which is proving much scarcer and will make £10 to £15. Anything in a sealed Royal Mint package and will make more. I can't help you with the coloured ones as I can't stand them! Obviously the various precious metal proofs are also a different market.

Cheers thats what i thought, i was wondering why people think there valuable, seems like the 20p all over

2 minutes ago, pies said:

Cheers thats what i thought, i was wondering why people think there valuable, seems like the 20p all over

If you were referring to the undated 20p from 2008, that actually did prove a different matter. The prices did go crazy for a little while after the BBC got onto the story but it seems they have settled down in the £40 to £50 bracket now. I think they would be more if the 20p was otherwise an interesting coin to collect, but with only two main designs (barring bust changes) over 36 years, not many people can get excited over them. Anoraks like me still like to put one of each away each year!

yep thats the one , i watched the prices drop year by year